DJ Amex 40,000 points bonus - question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wchiri

https://www.americanexpress.com/au/content/reward-cards/david-jones-platinum-card/

I've called both AMEX and David Jones to ask them this but not very satisfied with the answers given.

If I opt for the MR program it says the points transfer 1:1

I asked if I have to pay for the ascent program - they said no, its included in the annual fee - IS THIS TRUE?

I asked how much to transfer to krisflyer - they said 2:1 ???? But looking at the membership rewards site, it clearly says 1:1

It doesn't make sense, is the rewards program through DJ's the same as through AMEX or not? They keep telling me it is the same on the phone.

So confusing!!!

It's not. With the DJ's card you get enrolled into David Jones American Express Rewards, VERY different to American Express Accent Rewards!

With the DJ's card you can not enrol into the Accent Rewards!

That explains it!

So which card do you think gives best value to transfer to KF program?

Need to ask Cove that question. I think he owns shares in KF now!

This card is good for SPG>AA as the ratio is the same for this and other AMEX cards to SPG..

That explains it!

So which card do you think gives best value to transfer to KF program?
Ascent Membership Rewards. So, basically any non-David Jones card. However, transfer rate is only half the story. You get an inferior base earn rate than the Westpac Altitude Black so it's the tiered earns that bring benefit. 3/2 on both the Platinum Edge and Platinum Reserve/Charge...supermarkets and petrol stations for the former and restaurants and travel for the latter. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back