DJ AMEX 150SC 30000pts offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

loobloke

A better offer just popped into my email as compared to the previous offer: http://www.australianfrequentflyer....otions/virgin-50000-points-100-scs-34608.html

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Dear Mr,

A new journey is closer than you think with the American Express Velocity Platinum Card.
30,000 bonus Velocity Points, plus 150 Status Credits[SUP]1[/SUP]
velocity_ff_plat_chip_a1.gif
Simply apply via this email, be approved by 30 June 2012 and spend $500 on the Card within the first 3 months of Card membership and you will receive 30,000 Velocity Points[SUP]1[/SUP] and 150 Status Credits[SUP]1[/SUP].

I received the 30,000 points and 200 SCs offer but trying to work out how that is better than the 50,000 points and 200 SCs offer.

By the way I have not looked at all the details but is it to do with the $7,500 spend for the original offer?

Oh I thought the old offer was 100SC's, and 7.5k spend required. (I'm VA gold)

I received this offer. I hold no status with VA.

Dear Mr hummel,

A new journey is closer than you think with the American Express Velocity Gold Card.
20,000 bonus Velocity Points, plus 50 Status Credits[SUP]1[/SUP]
velocity_ff_gold_chip_a1.gif
Simply apply via this email, be approved by 30 June 2012 and spend $500 on the Card within the first 3 months of Card membership and you will receive 20,000 Velocity Points[SUP]1[/SUP] and 50 Status Credits[SUP]1
[/SUP]

Last edited:
Platinum and got a 30k and 75 status credits offer overnight. Wonder how they do these things.

Silver here...offered 30K points plus 75 sc
$349 pa ...not sure i need to spend that...however am hoping to aim for gold by years end and about 180 sc away..so could help
jc

I got the mail out version of this offer a few weeks ago for 30,000 & 200SC......received the same offer yesterday this time via email.

Last edited:
Interesting looking SC structure this time around

Looks to be

200SC for Plat
150SC gor Gold
75SC for Silver
50SC for Red.

I didn't get the offer, but then, I did take up their previous offer!

Still waiting for me offer ....... Anyone have a link to apply for it?

I am silver. Offer was 30,000 points, 75 status credits, have to send $500 in 3 months,

I didn't get this offer, but I did take up their previous offer!
No offer here....not that I would have taken up this offer. Have just made the last purchase on the Virgin Money card to take me over the needed $7.5K spend; once the 50K pts post, sayonara Virgin Money....you have an absolutely pathetic customer service!:evil::evil::evil:. Velocity, you need to choose your partners carefully, otherwise it will damage your (currently) excellent reputation.

Last edited:
No offer here....not that I would have taken up this offer. Have just made the last purchase on the Virgin Money card to take me over the needed $7.5K spend; once the 50K pts post, sayonara Virgin Money....you have an absolutely pathetic customer service!:evil::evil::evil:. Velocity, you need to choose your partners carefully, otherwise it will damage your (currently) excellent reputation.

No offer here either. I'm in the same position as you waiting for my points to post from Virgin Flyer
I will keep the card though, not as a points earner as the monthly cap is too low but I love the 2 for 1 flights and think that's probably worth the annual fee.

. Velocity, you need to choose your partners carefully, otherwise it will damage your (currently) excellent reputation.

Well, I think they actually partner with Virgin Money, so there is a family relationship there.

The 2 for 1 flights have more than covered the fee, so I'll be keeping it for at least that!

Well, I think they actually partner with Virgin Money, so there is a family relationship there.
I guess you can choose your friends but not your family
icon_eek.gif

I will keep the card though, not as a points earner as the monthly cap is too low but I love the 2 for 1 flights and think that's probably worth the annual fee.
The 2 for 1 flights have more than covered the fee, so I'll be keeping it for at least that!
I only applied for the standard card with $99 annual fee...so I think I have got my money's worth with the 50K points (when I get it;)). I have to consolidate credit cards, and reduce my overall credit limit, as both the limits and number of cards I now have are getting a bit out of hand...I couldn't even remember whether the Virgin Money card was a MC or Visa. My +1 still has a card (have to encourage her to keep it) for the 2 for 1 offer...

Last edited:
I didn't get the offer, but then, I did take up their previous offer!
I received the current offer and the previous offer and this got me thinking.

What chance this offer will be repeated again before 02 September 2012? There is no way I am going to qualify Platinum let alone Gold or Silver by September and if receiving this offer again will be a useful 200 SCs towards requalifying Gold for next year.

I got the same email, Gold here 30k 150SC. I just applied :) that should go nicely to the 255 SC's i need by June to retain Gold.

Got the email offer for Platinum card - same as the offer i received in the post a few weeks back: 30,000 pts/ 75 SC/ spend $500 within 3 months (I'm Silver).

My mum also got an email offer for a Gold card: 20,000 pts/ 50SC/ $500 spend within 3 months/ annual fee of $199 but only pay $99 for 1st year (she's newbie red).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back