Direct Debit from account with different name

Status
Not open for further replies.

M@rcoPolo

I have a Citi Signature card where I am the principal cardholder with my wife and kids as supplementaries... card is paid in full each month by direct debit from an account in joint names (my wife and I). I want to switch Direct Debit to another account that is held in my wife's name only.

Citibank seems to require that the bank account is in your name, has anyone managed to set things up so that the monthly payment comes out of an account not in the principal cardholder's name?

Yes, Citibank accepted my direct debit request from an account solely in my partner's name. I am the primary card holder and she is a supplementary. I tried the same thing with AMEX and 28 degrees and got rejected.

Yes, Citibank accepted my direct debit request from an account solely in my partner's name. I am the primary card holder and she is a supplementary. I tried the same thing with AMEX and 28 degrees and got rejected.

Excellent - did you use this form? http://www.citibank.com.au/global_docs/pdf/EasiPay_Cards_05.pdf

If yes can you remember how you filled the form? I assume at the top I put my First Name & Surname but the Signature of Account Holder would be my partner's, right?

Yeah I used that form. At the top I put my details and I put my partner's bank account details in nominated account section. We both singed the "Signature of Account Holder" section... otherwise there is nowhere for you to sign.

OK I will give it a go let's hope it works for me, too :)

It should.
I would fill the form out with all of your details except for the "Name of the account which is to be debited" and account numbers. Which would be your partners.

There are two sections for the account holder to sign, both of you are account holders so you would both sign.

-The account name is generally not used to verify the transaction so you could probably fill in the whole form using only your name and the direct debit would still be allowed. (Unless your bank is one of the few that actually validates the account name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back