Hotel Promotions Diners Club hotel benefits

BlinkybillOz

Just wanted to recount my use of the hotel benefits for Diners Club.

Stayed at Shangri-La Sydney for 1 night. $475 for 2 people. But got as per Diners card offers, $130 food beverage credit, free breakfast for 2 (valued at $65 each person). Free room upgrade and late checkout to 1pm. You could get additional $40 credit for joining Shangri-La Circle (free), on arrival.

Had to book via Diners Club privileges website (US based) but pay at hotel.

Crazy thing was, apart from entering first 6 digits of my card to access the offer and make a booking, the hotel didn't end up accepting Diners club for payment so paid with Amex. Furthermore I could use NSW government Stay or Parents accommodation vouchers (Covid-19 stimulus) to reduce cost further.

All up, fantastic hotel and service. Either use the $170 food and beverage allowance for the Altitude restaurant or Blu Bar or have more than enough food for 3 course meal with room service.

Was looking to try to use the above offer again sometime this year, and to my disappointment, it seems that Diners Club has stopped many of its hotel offers. This appears to be globally because I cannot access it on the international Diners Club App or the Global diners club website. Hope this is not the beginning of the end. :(

Back