Diners card and Priority Pass

troels

Intern
I used my Qantas Diners card successfully many times pre-covid at Priority Pass lounges including Phnom Penh (my most frequent destination). Earlier this year they told me that Diners was no longer in the Priority Pass scheme and they would not accept this card (or my HSBC or Amex cards by the way).

Does the Business Diners card mentioned in the recent front page article provide Priority Pass access? I'm happy to upgrade if I can get my lounge access back in Cambodia.

The Diners Club lounge access is nothing to do with Priority Pass AFAIK...it is their own system. According to the recent AFF article it is now restricted to "business" cards, not personal ones, but I do not believe the former are generally available; you have to get them via an employer (as I did long ago and still have!)

Last edited:
Ah, my mistake, I meant Plaza Premium. My card used to provide access and now no longer does. I just want to know if the new Diners Business card does.

To answer my own question, it appears the Business Card doesn't restore Plaza Premium access. The only "lounge" listed for Phnom Penh is "Dim Sum Emperors" which is a food court type establishment.

The URL doesn't seem to make any distinction between Business and the original Card so I assume they cover the same lounges:

Ah, my mistake, I meant Plaza Premium. My card used to provide access and now no longer does. I just want to know if the new Diners Business card does.

Priority Pass no longer gets you into Plaza Premium lounges. It's possible that Diners Club also ended its agreement with Plaza Premium, but that is unrelated.

The lounge access offered with a personal or business Diners Club card should be the same.

You can check on the Diners Club website to see what lounges are available, which does change periodically.

Priority Pass no longer gets you into Plaza Premium lounges. It's possible that Diners Club also ended its agreement with Plaza Premium, but that is unrelated.

The lounge access offered with a personal or business Diners Club card should be the same.

You can check on the Diners Club website to see what lounges are available, which does change periodically.
Hi Matt, yes, I made a mistake with the thread title. I meant Plaza Premium all through this thread and it appears this has been removed from both flavours of Diner's Card unfortunately. Priority Pass I know is something completely different, I made a mistake even mentioning it.

The Diners Club lounge program is run by Priority Pass, hence why Plaza Premium lounges disappeared from both programs. If you look at the websites/apps the diners and priority pass are identical even down to the lounge photos. The only difference is that in a city where there is a lounge available, the Priority pass eat free credit options are not available.

The only loss of Plaza Premium is really only felt in Australia, specifically Brisbane and Sydney. Still plenty of great lounges out there.

Last edited:
Back