Debit or Travel Cards with points and Osko

Status
Not open for further replies.

here2go

I am following in the path of the Barefoot Investor, who suggests following the Teutonic approach, ditching credit cards, and moving to cash.

Anyway, I am looking for a debit card or travel card with points and Osko/New Payments Platform refills (aka one minute topups). I have checked QANTAS Money, and they aren't on the NPP, even though Heritage Bank which powers it is. Virgin is the same. I don't like the one business day turnaround. Thoughts?

Only the Bankwest account as far as I know. And that is per transaction rather than per dollar.

Personally I use a card that doesn't charge fees and forgo the points.

I am following in the path of the Barefoot Investor, who suggests following the Teutonic approach, ditching credit cards, and moving to cash.

and Barefoot says you are foregoing the points to do so, so thats the answer. You can only have one or the other.

the only exception is Bankwest Qantas account.

Anyway, I am looking for a debit card or travel card with points and Osko/New Payments Platform refills (aka one minute topups). I have checked QANTAS Money, and they aren't on the NPP, even though Heritage Bank which powers it is. Virgin is the same. I don't like the one business day turnaround. Thoughts?

Both Qantas Money and Virgin's Velocity Global Wallet offer 'Instant Load' using transfers from bank accounts attached to Debit Visa or Debit Master Cards. Qantas Money has a minimum $50 load amount using this method and charges 0.5%. Velocity Global Wallet does not have a minimum load amount but charges 1%. These are not OSKO payments but they work just as fast.

It's a pity there's a load fee but it's worth knowing this method exists if you are in a pinch overseas, need cash fast and for some reason don't want to put your Debit Visa or Dbit MasterCard into an ATM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back