David Jones AMEX partners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qantas
LT Gold
Oneworld
Sapphire
Can someone with either the David Jones AMEX or David Jones AMEX Platinum card clue me in to what the program partners you can transfer to are?

I was looking at a second card to transfer points to a different airline, but it has recently come to my attention that the David Jones version of the card could be much more restrictive with partners that the usual Membership Rewards program.

Can someone with either the David Jones AMEX or David Jones AMEX Platinum card clue me in to what the program partners you can transfer to are?

I was looking at a second card to transfer points to a different airline, but it has recently come to my attention that the David Jones version of the card could be much more restrictive with partners that the usual Membership Rewards program.
There's a large number of them.

Are you interested in flights or hotels?

Most of the transfer rates are pretty cough though apart from via SPG and the occasional bonus transfer rates to airline partners.

There's a large number of them.

Are you interested in flights or hotels?

Most of the transfer rates are pretty cough though apart from via SPG and the occasional bonus transfer rates to airline partners.

I had intended to take the points the rather roundabout way of MR > Flying Club > IHG for cheap status, but read recently that David Jones MR points are not of the same value as regular MR points, giving me cause for concern. Perhaps I misread the information though?

I've now closed all of my AMEX accounts so can't confirm but from memory there was no difference between Explorer points and DJ points value.

Burmans summed it up nicely, but for a bit more detail, there's a good writeup on the Point Hacks site..... David Jones American Express card range - Point Hacks review

I'm a supp card holder on Mrs 2905's basic DJ's Amex card. She got the card when shopping at DJ's one day and they were running a promo: Same number of signup bonus points at the time, but also a 20% discount on anything she bought then and there.

Her card sweeps direct to Qantas points though, since we have more use for those, although both cards generally sit in a drawer unless there's an Amex offer on, since our other Amex cards cough all over it, points wise, except for service station spend. Even then there's not much in it (2 Ascent ppd with the Amex Platinum Edge vs. 2.25 Qantas ppd on the DJ's Amex). Most of my petrol is purchased with discounted Wish eGift cards anyway, at 3 Ascent ppd. :)

Burmans summed it up nicely, but for a bit more detail, there's a good writeup on the Point Hacks site..... David Jones American Express card range - Point Hacks review

That's the article that probably gave me pause for concern, as their wording is:

Note: as I explain later in this guide, David Jones Membership Rewards points are not the same as regular American Express Membership Rewards in terms of transfer rates to partners.

----

The David Jones Membership Rewards scheme earns ‘David Jones Membership Rewards points’, however, the main gotcha for the David Jones cards is the difference between the David Jones Membership Rewards and the regular American Express Membership Rewards flavour.

The rates are available to card members once they have a card and are logged in to their account, but it is not possible to research the transfer rates on the American Express website before you get a card.

It seems that, for my intended purpose (capitalising on sign-on bonus as I already have a QF Ultimate), this card is half as good as it seems on first glance. I just wanted to confirm with any member who was not sweeping to QF.

I fed all of my AMEX rewards points into SPG over the past 6 weeks before I closed all of my accounts. I can confirm that the conversion rate for SPG was the same from my Explorer and the DJ's card.

I can't check the others as all of my accounts are now closed. But I cannot recall there being an obvious difference in conversion rates when I have looked previously.

I fed all of my AMEX rewards points into SPG over the past 6 weeks before I closed all of my accounts. I can confirm that the conversion rate for SPG was the same from my Explorer and the DJ's card.

I can't check the others as all of my accounts are now closed. But I cannot recall there being an obvious difference in conversion rates when I have looked previously.

Thanks for the help.

Until I can confirm or deny I don't really want to open a new card to take a gamble on points. Point Hacks seems to suggest there is a difference, so I do wonder.

upload_2018-1-5_12-6-15.png

upload_2018-1-5_12-6-41.png
upload_2018-1-5_12-7-8.png

Thank you, that confirms the devaluation (compared with the regular program) :(

You're welcome. I have the DJ Amex more for the free delivery, free alterations and that SPG and HH transfers are the same as the Amex Reserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back