David Jones Amex card

Status
Not open for further replies.

FL360

I applied a DJ Amex card yesterday, to took up the $50 on the spot
gift card offer !

The card has nothing interesting, really...

The question is, can I negotiate with them to waive the annual fee before I decide to activate the card ?

I signed up two weeks ago - for one reason only. I had previously held off because the card had little to offer in terms of rewards. Then whilst shopping, I was offered the $50 on the spot gift card and as a shareholder, no annual fee, plus $100 on my first spend with the card outside of DJs within the first 7 days (already done). and a further $100 all in gift cards as a shareholder. In all $250 for nothing and no annual fee. Will I use the card? Almost certainly not.

I signed up two weeks ago - for one reason only. I had previously held off because the card had little to offer in terms of rewards. Then whilst shopping, I was offered the $50 on the spot gift card and as a shareholder, no annual fee, plus $100 on my first spend with the card outside of DJs within the first 7 days (already done). and a further $100 all in gift cards as a shareholder. In all $250 for nothing and no annual fee. Will I use the card? Almost certainly not.

Is that no annual fee ever, or no annual fee for the first year?

As a shareholder I was offered the first year fee free, and the $100 gift card, but seems to me longer term I was better off staying with the free storecard. The points I'd get on the Amex card wouldn't cover the annual fee!

Is that no annual fee ever, or no annual fee for the first year?

For the first year only. What is the advantage of keeping the store card as shareholder discounts will no longer apply and as far as I know, there are no reward points (for what little they are worth) on the store card alone.

By using other credit cards you can get FF points for every spend rather than being limited to what DJs offers.

I applied a DJ Amex card yesterday, to took up the $50 on the spot
gift card offer !

The card has nothing interesting, really...

The question is, can I negotiate with them to waive the annual fee before I decide to activate the card ?

From what I have seen other Amex cards (some which you can get waived fees on) are much better earn value.

So if you are only going to get a $50 voucher you certainly would not want to activate the card if there is afee involved..and if the fee is more than $50 you would be losing money by activating it.

From what I have seen other Amex cards (some which you can get waived fees on) are much better earn value.

So if you are only going to get a $50 voucher you certainly would not want to activate the card if there is afee involved..and if the fee is more than $50 you would be losing money by activating it.

Not quite. The $50 gift card was an "on the spot" reward for signing up in the store. If the card is activated then, of course, the annual fee of $99 (I think) would apply unless it can be waived. As long as the card is then used within 7 days of activation at any place other than David Jones, an additional $100 gift card is awarded. So you would be about $50 ahead or $150 if the fee is waived. If you are a shareholder, you would then get an additional $100 gift card.

For the first year only. What is the advantage of keeping the store card as shareholder discounts will no longer apply and as far as I know, there are no reward points (for what little they are worth) on the store card alone.

By using other credit cards you can get FF points for every spend rather than being limited to what DJs offers.

Because sometimes there are interest free offers I wish to take advantage of (although the fees do tend to counteract the benefit a bit) and the storecard still provides access to instant rewards which can offer value.

The card does not get a lot of use though!

Can anyone tell me whether this 'sign up in store' promo is still going (I have been out of the country)? I have to buy a swanky outfit for a do on the weekend and since DJs is the likely retailer for said purchase I was wondering whether I couldn't take advantage of this but I would need to be able to use it immediately...I assume they give you some sort of temporary card if this is the case :confused:

I know this card seems unpopular with everyone but I like the $100 David Jones Gift Card, the Fashion Pay Later Option ( don't pay a cent for 3 months when you spend $500 or more for any women's or men's apparel), Up to 5 years Interest Free (when you purchase homewares, furniture, bedding or electrical items of $500) and Complimentary gift wrapping :D :oops:

Can anyone tell me whether this 'sign up in store' promo is still going (I have been out of the country)? I have to buy a swanky outfit for a do on the weekend and since DJs is the likely retailer for said purchase I was wondering whether I couldn't take advantage of this but I would need to be able to use it immediately...I assume they give you some sort of temporary card if this is the case :confused:

I know this card seems unpopular with everyone but I like the $100 David Jones Gift Card, the Fashion Pay Later Option ( don't pay a cent for 3 months when you spend $500 or more for any women's or men's apparel), Up to 5 years Interest Free (when you purchase homewares, furniture, bedding or electrical items of $500) and Complimentary gift wrapping :D :oops:

I applied for a David Jones American express Credit Card in store by 18th Oct 2009 to get 20,000 points today.
Down side is the — $99 card fee, but you can cash in the bonus 20 000 points and get a $150 in gift cards thus making $51 profit. The sales person told me that its 7 days of activating the card you need to make a purchase outside David Jones to get the 20,000 Bonus Points which can be redeemed for $150 worth of DJ gift cards.

However i dont believe them as it states on the flyer its within 7 days of receiving the card. However I will be going away on holidays soon so i might not get the card on time so it will be a waste of time for me. Does anyone know about this for sure? I think ill call amex first thing on Monday to make sure.

I think DJ staff get the annual fee waived but not share holders now? Has anyone else been able to sucessfully get the annaul fee waived on one of these cards recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back