Current Options with CBA points and QFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

I am looking for some information regarding using CBA points and QFF. I have seen the rules but not sure I am interpreting them correctly.

I have just over 194,000 FF points with Qantas and need to fly to the UK in the next week or so. My plan was to use some or all of the 212,500 CBA points that my brother can transfer to Qantas to make up the balance.

However, although he is a member of the FF program, he has not connected with Qantas Direct. He believes that, if he was to sign up today, he would not be able to transfer the points anyway.

He has pointed me to these terms:

Customers must be opted-in to Qantas Frequent Flyer Direct to earn Qantas Points. To opt-in to Qantas Frequent Flyer Direct, navigate through the online process including acceptance of the terms and conditions and click on the 'Opt-in' button or call 13 1661. There is a $30 annual fee charged for opting in.

Once a customer has opted-in to Qantas Frequent Flyer Direct, all Commonwealth Awards points earned after opting in will be automatically redeemed for Qantas Points and transferred monthly to their Qantas Frequent Flyer account at the applicable conversion rate

Is this correct? It just does not seem right. I don't think it is referring to someone who already has the points. I'd really appreciate any input. Otherwise we will have to pay for a flight (using a Flight Centre Credit) which, at such short notice, is less than appealing.

Thanks!
Paul

I'l reply to myself.

It's really clear on here: https://www.commbank.com.au/personal/credit-cards/awards/program.html

It is important to note that any CommBank Awards points earned prior to the date of your opt-in cannot be transferred to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account.
Interesting - CBA blame QANTAS when you ring - QANTAS says get the points over and you can do what you like. Seems like some argy bargy there. Oh well Flight Centre here we come...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back