Current ANZ 50k QFF please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace_silver10

Hi there

Im fairly new to the credit card points thing but thought no better way to get started then a 50k bonus on QFF ANZ Platinum card that we are being forced to get with our new home loan (which im happy with cos ive been meaning to get into the credit card points because so for ive been using qantas cash for everything and you dont seem to get as good of a deal on points).

Anyone able to tell me a few tips (links to useful threads ok) on how to utalise this card? What is ATO payments? can you do ato payments? can you pay by paypal and what is the restrictions? Is this the sort of card that you do all your spending on and pay off each month? (we are very good with this), Read somewhere that if you spend enough on it then the anual fee can be reduced to $55? I know that the platinum visa comes with a platinum amex too so do you pay another set of fees for the amex or is it covered? is it better to use visa or amex? do you get the free return flight per year when you get the amex like this? can i get a second card linked to my account for my wife? if i can then is the 50k bonus doubled? (stupid question but i thought i would ask anyways haha)

and any other question i forgot to ask?

Ive been trolling this site for a few months and i have read a bit of info on the questions ive asked i am after some more "personalised" advice

Hi there

I have the cards and it is better to use AMEX over VISA in terms of reward points. I would suggest you look at the thread in the "Current Credit Card Promotions" sub-forum - there's a bucketload of info in there. Unfortunately due to my post count I can't submit links

Good to see ANZ are attracting some new customers to this product via their home loans! I've had this card for years and have answered your questions within the quotes below in bold, but like many others I'm in the process of cancelling it due to the new heavy points slashing by ANZ. After making this decision and doing some research it seems there are now much better value cards out there for Qantas points!

Hi there

Im fairly new to the credit card points thing but thought no better way to get started then a 50k bonus on QFF ANZ Platinum card that we are being forced to get with our new home loan (which im happy with cos ive been meaning to get into the credit card points because so for ive been using qantas cash for everything and you dont seem to get as good of a deal on points).

Anyone able to tell me a few tips (links to useful threads ok) on how to utalise this card? What is ATO payments? can you do ato payments? YES YOU CAN PAY ATO BILLS

can you pay by paypal and what is the restrictions? NO DON'T THINK THIS IS AN OPTION

Is this the sort of card that you do all your spending on and pay off each month? (we are very good with this), YES

Read somewhere that if you spend enough on it then the anual fee can be reduced to $55? NO; I SPEND A FORTUNE ON THIS CARD AND HAVE NEVER HAD THE FEE REDUCED TO $55

I know that the platinum visa comes with a platinum amex too so do you pay another set of fees for the amex or is it covered? BOTH ARE COVERED BY THE SAME ANNUAL

is it better to use visa or amex? BETTER POINTS ON AMEX, SO BETTER TO USE IT IF THE MERCHANT ACCEPTS IT AND IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY A HEFTY SURCHARGE

do you get the free return flight per year when you get the amex like this? NO, NOT ON THIS CARD

can i get a second card linked to my account for my wife? YES, I THINK ITS AN EXTRA $65 PER YEAR

if i can then is the 50k bonus doubled? (stupid question but i thought i would ask anyways haha) NOPE, BUT YES A GOOD TRY!

and any other question i forgot to ask?

Ive been trolling this site for a few months and i have read a bit of info on the questions ive asked i am after some more "personalised" advice

can i get a second card linked to my account for my wife? YES, I THINK ITS AN EXTRA $65 PER YEAR
incorrect. if you applied and got the primary card during the annual fee waived promo then its free for the first year too otherwise its about $10-15. i got an additional card for the wife later one too as that allows her to enter the lounges for free at the same time as me which is a good added benefit.

additional question: any impact of cancelling it after getting the points (ie. spending $1,500 in 3 months)?

Just thinking to get it for the points, so spend the money, then stop using it as my current CC (westpac black) has better QF points earn rates, then cancel before the renewal fee comes in, or just cancel once I get the points credit.

additional question: any impact of cancelling it after getting the points (ie. spending $1,500 in 3 months)?

Just thinking to get it for the points, so spend the money, then stop using it as my current CC (westpac black) has better QF points earn rates, then cancel before the renewal fee comes in, or just cancel once I get the points credit.

That is the plan for many here so you can safely assume it's a good plan!

How long before the bonus point land in the QFF account?
I had my first transaction on 25/07 and spent $1500 in the first month.

The application said 3 months, so check again later this month?

Question from me: I applied just before the offer expired, got approved after. Did your welcome letter mention the 50,000 points or just the earning with the card? I'll ring them tomorrow to check, just wondering.

I might be blind but isn't there a points cap for their cards?

I don't think many care about a cap, people just applied for the 50K FF points bonus. Once done it'll be cancelled.

Awesome, Thanks for the quick reply. Did the 50k bonus ever show up in the ANZ rewards points page on ANZ online banking?

I don't know as I never registered for online banking this time as I only ever considered the card as a 'pump and dump' card. From previous experience with ANZ, the bonus points do appear though.

Hi all, I have a question regarding the ANZ 50,000 points offer.
My welcome letter does not mention anything about the 50,000 points but I remember applying via the Qantas site. Does anyone have a copy of the offer? I have spent about $2,000 in 2 months - do I now qualify for the 50,000 points?

Hi all, I have a question regarding the ANZ 50,000 points offer.
My welcome letter does not mention anything about the 50,000 points but I remember applying via the Qantas site. Does anyone have a copy of the offer? I have spent about $2,000 in 2 months - do I now qualify for the 50,000 points?

Neither my welcome letter or my partner's mentioned the bonus points (but have shown up in ANZ online banking after 3 statements - haven't reached QFF yet, though).

I had some trouble with ANZ honoring the offer when I first applied (slugged with annual fees, supp. card holders etc. on the black car) - someone posted some screen shots in the other, bigger thread (I will try to find them).

But, yes, you should be eligible if we're referring to the same offer, as it is $1,500 spend in 3 months.

Edit: Turns out I saved them -

1411041986228.jpg 1411042009196.jpg

(Thanks to the person who originally provided these - I can't find the post right now).

Last edited:
As a reference

Spent $1500 by early September ~8th and points posted into ANZ account (not Qantas) 3 days ago.

So i assume they will be swept across early next month

NB no mention of promotion in the welcome emails / pack etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back