SeaWolf

Established Member
Qantas
Silver
Virgin
Platinum
Star Alliance
Gold
I've been looking at some of the Fine Hotels and Resorts and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience on how the US$100 property credit works in countries outside the USA? No matter which country I look at it's quoted at US$ and since the hotel will obviously price everything in local currency I'm wondering how they determine the exchange rate. Will it be calculated at check out time or do they tell you at check in how much in local currency the credit is worth? Where does the exchange rate they use come from?
Anyone have any experience with this?

It's no problem.On this last trip we used it in the UK,Canada and in Sydney.At the IC Double Bay our $US100 came out to $A146.I presume it is up to the individual hotels as to the conversion.

Edit-we were given an approximation at checkin and at checkout there usually was a slight difference.

Shangri-La Sydney converts it to $135. However, the day after I stayed at Hilton Sydney under the Amex Hotel Collection programme and they convert more generously to $155.

It is up to the individual hotel as to what they convert it at. Some only decide annually what it will convert to, so swings either way with the exchange rate will then cause it to be different to the spot rate of the day. Unfortunately no one consistent answer!

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. Seems like it's a bit unpredictable but at least they're likely to give me a heads up at check in, so that's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Currently Active Users

Back