Credit card bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

OOL J

I recently changed to the VA High Flyer card as the 90,000 pts seemed attractive. Requirement to spend 3k / month for 3 months. No real challenge there. BUT, my first month has been disallowed, as I only spent 2900 in the statement period. The statement period is from the date of the card "approval" despite me not receiving it for 9 days.

Subsequent months spent 4500 - 5000 no problem, I am a bit miffed though as it would seem unrealistic to include time without access to the card, in the spend period.

I'd really appreciate any opinions as I'd like to follow this up, but only if there is light at the end of the tunnel

The requirement was 3K per statement period, the period beginning the day of approval, so instead of 30 odd days you had around 25?

Sounds to me like you sailed a little close to the sun on this one. I always pad my spend enough that if I find out a particular transaction doesn't qualify due to eligibility criteria, I still make the bonus points.

Remember, spend without bonus points is a loss for you and the T&C's are firmly in the institution's favour. Recently I did my min spend in 3 days simply because it wasn't clear that the month wasn't calendar month and not statement period in the T&C's and I wasn't going to get excluded on a technicality.

It is in their favour to find you outside the terms and without a clear explanation on why 3K spend is not possible in 25 days but is in 30, I don't suspect you could prevail. Sorry, but I would chalk it up to a strategic learning for next time.

I am thinking this too. Although I did lose 9 days, thats about a third. Oh well, life

Don't get me wrong, you should still try giving them a call as pleading your case costs nothing, but I would think the likelihood of getting the points is low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back