Complementary travel insurance (after closing ANZ Black account)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobcat

Intern
Hi all,

I recently (and stupidly) closed my ANZ Rewards Black card, having spent $250+ on it while booking an upcoming trip. I then opened at ANZ Qantas FF Black card (which I still have open).

I qualified for coverage at the time of booking, does anybody know if that coverage is still in place or has been voided when I closed the Rewards card?
I've read T&Cs re eligibility and can't see any red flags re closed accounts ... but for obvious reasons have doubts.

* (a) current participating cardholder (yes)
* (f) used a participating card account before you went on your trip to purchase at least AUD$250* in total (inclusive of taxes and other charges) (yes, but a different card)

Yet to speak to ANZ. Am hoping somebody may have been in similar situation and can advise re their experience, before doing that.

Cheers
BC

Hi all,

I've read T&Cs re eligibility and can't see any red flags re closed accounts ... but for obvious reasons have doubts.

I agree in terms of activation and also there does not seem to be anything in the various clauses on coverage ceasing if the card is cancelled.

BUT for all the listed benefits it does say

*Per participating cardholder and/or accompanying spouse (including any accompanying dependent children).

So I am not sure if that would mean you have to be a participating cardholder when you claim the benefit. Certainly needs clarification.

Last edited:
I recall the family whose child near drowned in Bali and tried to bring her to Perth for treatment (sadly, she died), they thought they had credit card insurance but because they cancelled the card they were no longer covered.

Many thanks for all your responses. They're sending through a letter of eligibility - confirmed all is fine.
Even if I didn't have the ANZ Qantas card, it'd be fine. You're able to close the CC account and still make use of coverage that was activated earlier on (for future trip).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back