Compensation late bonus points

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoftDraw

Intern
Has anyone had any experience receiving compensation from Amex for issuing bonus points + cash back late?

I have the QF Amex ultimate, hit minimum spend on the day i received the card. It has now been 12 weeks and I still haven’t received the sign up bonus or the $100 cash back that was offered. T&Cs state that it will be issued within 8-10weeks.

I have been in contact with Amex numerous times over the past month and they have confirmed that I am eligible for the bonus and cash back. They keep on telling me that it is with the ‘marketing team’ and will have a resolution for me ASAP - this has been going on for a month now.

When I have had Amex in the past the bonus points have been paid almost immediately after hitting minimum spend.

Furthermore when I received my first statement I went online to set up my “make a payment” and someone else’s bank details was already pre filled in there with a westpac account (I have never banked with westpac). I immediately called Amex about this and they said a representative had made a mistake and accidentally added someone else’s bank account details to my account by mistake.

Anyone have a recommendation on how to deal with this and what sort of compensation I should seek?

This is usual for Amex, are you sure you are eligible for the bonus (despite what AMEX has said - you'll need to be able to prove this yourself)?

If so, I'd treat it no differently to the method I have previously outlined when dealing with this type of problem for other credit cards. I've even previously provide a proforma to be used.

This is usual for Amex, are you sure you are eligible for the bonus (despite what AMEX has said - you'll need to be able to prove this yourself)?

If so, I'd treat it no differently to the method I have previously outlined when dealing with this type of problem for other credit cards. I've even previously provide a proforma to be used.
Thanks for the reply.

I am 100% sure I am eligible, I closed my last Amex account 2.5years ago. The first agent that I spoke to about this went into the system and confirmed that I was past the 18months and confirmed I had hit the required spend.

Do you mind sharing a link or PM to your suggested proforma?

Thanks for the reply.

I am 100% sure I am eligible, I closed my last Amex account 2.5years ago. The first agent that I spoke to about this went into the system and confirmed that I was past the 18months and confirmed I had hit the required spend.

Do you mind sharing a link or PM to your suggested proforma?
Do I search in the credit card thread. I can't recall specifically where it is. From memory it may have been in a HSBC thread in response to @BettyB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back