Commonwealth Award Points to Qantas Ratio??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping someone can help me out with some information about the conversion rate for Commonwealth Award Points, to Qantas FF.

I've had a trawl around online, but have had trouble finding anything about conversion rates.

I have noticed my Basic Commonwealth Awards Visa has a conversion rate of 2:1 to Qantas FF points. Poor conversion rate, so I want find out:

Does a Commonweath Gold Awards card offer a 1:1 conversion, or is that conversion only limited to the Commonwealth Platinum?

And if I was to change to a Gold or Platinum card, can I transfer my points balance from my current account?

Cheers if you can give me any information.

Platinum - 1:1
Gold - 1.5:1
Other - 2:1

When you upgrade your card, your points move with your card. You will be able to convert them at the rate of your new card, not the old card.

Slightly OT, but do deposits on internet gambling sites like Centrebet or Ladbrokes earn CBA points?

raccoon111 said:
Slightly OT, but do deposits on internet gambling sites like Centrebet or Ladbrokes earn CBA points?

Why not. As long as the merchant pays merchant fees CBA does not care where you earn them is my guess.

The merchants fund these points after all via the few % marchant fee. :)

All my transactions with Centrebet.com so far have not attracted a surcharge.

The amount I deposit (and able to wager with) is exactly the amount that appears on my statement.

But I do not think this earns points, as my previous months points earned were only about two thirds of the amount charged to the card.

Commonwealth Awards Points are earnt in all transactions made on card. Merchants pay fees to have credit card payments which they most likely absorb.
Commonwealth Bank gives you awards points for using the card.
Standard Awards 2 point for 1 QFF MAX 50000 points per year can be earnt.
Gold Awards 1.5 points for 1 QFF Max 100000 points per year can be earnt.
Platinum Awards 1 point for 1 QFF Max 150000 points per year can be earnt.

Want a way around points capping? Have a $24000 card limit?
Why not have 2 platinum cards with 12000 or more on each! transfer qff to hearts content.

How do I actually transfer the points though? It doesn't appear as an option on the commbank website when I check the points guide and redeem section.

Thanks

RR

Roma said:
How do I actually transfer the points though? It doesn't appear as an option on the commbank website when I check the points guide and redeem section.

Thanks

RR
In the Award Category Selection click on "travelling". There is an item in this category called "Qantas Transfer" that allows you to transfer points in multiples of 750

Roma said:

Thanks

RR
And welcome Roma to AFF

Thank you very much, just transferred, not a problem. The min. is now 1000 points for anyone interested though.

All the best,

RR

Shano said:
In the Award Category Selection click on "travelling". There is an item in this category called "Qantas Transfer" that allows you to transfer points in multiples of 750

Hmm so where would i find this now? I cant see anything relating to qantas FF points..... :S

A screenshot would be awesome

When you are in the Awards site through NetBank select the Redeem Awards > (current catalogue) > Travelling > Qantas Transfer.

jingles said:
Hmm so where would i find this now? I cant see anything relating to qantas FF points..... :S

A screenshot would be awesome
Sorry but screen shots challenge my computer ability.

However try this:

Click on 'Redeam Awards' at the top left.
Click on 'Christmas Awards 2007'
Click on 'Travelling'
Scroll down to 'Qantas Transfer'
etc.....
I'm sure you can work out the rest.

Remember you must have a minimum of 3600 points to begin and transfers must be in blocks of 1000 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back