Citi's premier miles program in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

asterix

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about this Citi premier miles program that is discussed in this article:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...-against-big-four/story-fn91wd6x-1226725538501

"Potter plans to leverage the local unit's impending shift to Citigroup's global core banking platform to launch new products. One will be the launch of Citi's premier miles program in Australia, he says, which allows customers to redeem points with more than 100 airlines".

Can't wait..

If they offer 60VIP lounges like they do in Dubai instead of PP and 2 per $1 earn with unlimited points. Count me in!

PremierMiles with Citi in HK refers to a credit card product (which I believe they also offer similarly in other Asian markets).

Nothing particularly amazing about it - roughly 0.95USD to 1 Asia Mile for example (with several other FF partners) plus you get PP lounge access at HKG and travel insurance. Citibank PremierMiles Card - Citibank Hong Kong

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about this Citi premier miles program that is discussed in this article:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...-against-big-four/story-fn91wd6x-1226725538501

"Potter plans to leverage the local unit's impending shift to Citigroup's global core banking platform to launch new products. One will be the launch of Citi's premier miles program in Australia, he says, which allows customers to redeem points with more than 100 airlines".

They offer Premier Miles in Singapore. It just means you can transfer points to KrisFlyer and Asia Miles. That then allows you to redeem with "100 airlines" through Star or OW

But Citi was in charge of the upgrade of the Diners IT systems.That was a disaster.I have been considering Citi again but now will await this upgrade before making any decision.

They offer Premier Miles in Singapore. It just means you can transfer points to KrisFlyer and Asia Miles. That then allows you to redeem with "100 airlines" through Star or OW

Not just Krisflyer(SQ) and Asia Miles (CX), but also offer transfers too the programs of TG, DL, MH, BA, BR, GA & EY. So three * members, 3 one world, 2 skyteam (current and future) & 1 independent. So good coverage of most major airlines (EK being the main exception). Also Priority Club and Hilton HHonors. Plus Priority Pass with 2 free lounge passes, and the usual travel insurance. With 2 pts/$ on overseas spend, it's not a bad card to have (and sometimes more), although there are some better products out there with good offers. I know though when I'm getting 3.4 pts/AUD, as I did in recent promo, on all my Australian spend on a Visa card it's not a bad deal (noting many Australian cards to not offer points on all spend ;) ).

This doesn't mean that the card coming to Australia would be as attractive, it seems to depend on what is in the market place.

I wonder if the new transfer partners that are visible on the citi iphone app have anything do to with the premier miles program?

http://www.australianfrequentflyer....ards-program/new-transfer-partners-59407.html

Citi do already have a relationship with SPG in Australia through their ownership of Diners.

After the marketing of fee free for life Signature card, perhaps a new card between signature and select?

I have a Select, so hope they just add the new partners to their existing cards.

What do we think?

they need to bring in visa infinity on invitation basis.. With Select card rewards slightly downgraded they really need that top notch card at $1000+ a year fee block, IMHO.

they need to bring in visa infinity on invitation basis.. With Select card rewards slightly downgraded they really need that top notch card at $1000+ a year fee block, IMHO.

Are there any Visa Infinity cards in Australia?

I don't think downgrading the Select would go down well. However if they offered a card with an even better earn than the Select i'd be interested.

I doubt infinity if it comes would have higher earn rate. Not enough competition or demand in this country. I find other then points and insurance rest of the benefits have little use to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back