Citibank Signature replaced wih Visa Infinite (but not Prestige)

Status
Not open for further replies.

magtron

Did anyone else got their Signature card replaced with a Visa Infinite card (not Prestige)?
Not sure what is the purpose as from what was sent out the only added benefit is Hilton points and reduced airport transfer.

Got one here too. Same number, expiry and 3 digits on the back. Makes me wonder why I need to call up to activate it?

Do you have the fee free for life Signature or one which you pay an annual fee on?

I have the free for life. Activation can be done via online.
Mine is going to expire in a few months so will get another new card!!

We have had the free for life card & received the Visa Infinite in the mail (expires in Sept 2017). Same number, expiry and 3 digits on the back. As with OP the brochure in the mail says now start enjoying Visa Infinite Benefits but only lists/details HHonors & Luxury Airport transfers (heaps of detail re the 2 benefits on the back of brochure)

I would not trust Citibank as far as I could throw them. I have the Signature fee free for life. Call me skeptical, but if they send me an Infinite as a replacement, I'll see it as a sneaky way for them down the track to start charging an annual fee and pointing to the fact that I now have an Infinite, which I activate and hence don't have a Signature anymore, and the fee free offer only applies to the Signature. Before I activate it, I'll be calling them and insisting they send me an agreement which clearly states that it is fee free, much like I have the agreement which states the Signature is fee free.

I would not trust Citibank as far as I could throw them. I have the Signature fee free for life. Call me skeptical, but if they send me an Infinite as a replacement, I'll see it as a sneaky way for them down the track to start charging an annual fee and pointing to the fact that I now have an Infinite, which I activate and hence don't have a Signature anymore, and the fee free offer only applies to the Signature. Before I activate it, I'll be calling them and insisting they send me an agreement which clearly states that it is fee free, much like I have the agreement which states the Signature is fee free.

That's not their play at all.

They keep upgrading it, most of us started as a free for life gold. Each upgrade nets them more in interchange fees. They won't turn around and charge you/me.

They keep upgrading it, most of us started as a free for life gold. Each upgrade nets them more in interchange fees. They won't turn around and charge you/me.

Though this "upgrade" is not really an upgrade for us. Just for them.

received my new one too.
have/had the free for life signature before this (for ~2yrs).

i remembered to convert my points to KF before the recent downgrade.

the tiny brochure mentioning discounts off luxury airport transfers, suggests this link, tbrglobal.com/visa which is broken :p

I remain skeptical but take your experience as a positive.

Out of interest, what are the HHonors benefits? Just the ability to transfer points to them or something more?

I remain skeptical but take your experience as a positive.

Out of interest, what are the HHonors benefits? Just the ability to transfer points to them or something more?

I think that's about it, just a transfer ability.

Have a look at the original free for life thread, from around 2006 IIRC. It became plat when a signature card came out, then sig when the infinite came out. Now it's the second in line infinite.

Has anyone who received the replacement Visa Infinite card been a 'fee free for life' Signature cardmember with a credit limit below $30K? There were suggestions on another thread that this was the level at which they were making the switch. I have a fee-free Visa Signature, but limit is closer to $20K, and with no plans to increase at this time.

Cheers,
Matt.

Do you know what the conversion rate is from Citi to HHonours for the Infinite card?

Not generally worth it. From memory 2:1. They had a double points bonus recently, which made it borderline for aspirational redemptions (CM Rangali).

I received an e-mail from Citibank a couple of months ago, offering me double points for the month of March (max 10,000 bonus points) if I accepted their offer of increasing the credit limit on my Signature card from $15K to $30K before the end of February. Ignored it.

Last week I received a follow-up 'phone call from them about it. The operator was persistent, but polite. I was just as persistent and polite in declining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back