Citibank Signature "Free for Life" - has this come back? thought I saw a link ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinity

Established Member
Thought I saw a comment in a thread the other day.

Any comments?

Can't find it

Re: Citibank Signature "Free for Life" - has this come back? thought I saw a link ???

That's it. Many thanks

Re: Citibank Signature "Free for Life" - has this come back? thought I saw a link ???

Here's how the Citi Rewards Points transfer to FF Program points through the Signature Card.

1.5 CRP : 1 Velocity
2.5 CRP : 1 Skywards Mile (Emirates)
1.5 CRP : 1 Kris Flyer Mile
2.0 CRP : 1 Asia Mile

Depends on your Veda score.....

Citibank Australia

Although the website implies your Vedascore affects whether you can get the card from what I have heard it mainly affects the BT Rate offered and you can get the card with a good/V good score (dependant on generally credit worthiness factors, I.e. Can you afford it).

The missus is currently on the Platinum card fee free for life and was recently (few months ago) offered a limit increase and accepted it. The card is basically for my use for business expenses. So I want her to get the Signature card for more pts basically. Her income is currently just below 75k (min income for sig) and has just started a new job a month ago. Whats the chance of them offering to upgrade her to the Sig from the Plat and keeping it fee free for life? Will they do a new credit check etc?

The missus is currently on the Platinum card fee free for life and was recently (few months ago) offered a limit increase and accepted it. The card is basically for my use for business expenses. So I want her to get the Signature card for more pts basically. Her income is currently just below 75k (min income for sig) and has just started a new job a month ago. Whats the chance of them offering to upgrade her to the Sig from the Plat and keeping it fee free for life? Will they do a new credit check etc?

I basically did exactly this last year.

You essentially need to get the limit above $15k and then they just switched the product over easily with no further checks or anything (because obviously all they really care about is the amount of credit you have, not what product it is on).

May be slightly different now that it's not a full open slather offer but I wouldn't think it would be a problem provided you have the minimum credit limit for the sig.

I basically did exactly this last year.

You essentially need to get the limit above $15k and then they just switched the product over easily with no further checks or anything (because obviously all they really care about is the amount of credit you have, not what product it is on).

May be slightly different now that it's not a full open slather offer but I wouldn't think it would be a problem provided you have the minimum credit limit for the sig.
I think our limit is at 11.5k. They replied to the email stating that if I want to request for an upgrade they won't give me the Sig fee free life, which is a shame since they have current offers for it, but I'm ok with it as long as I earn more points. Just asked if I do get the Sig if I'd be eligible for the other promotion of 60k pts. Hopefully they say yes. Also asked if I'd have to re-apply for the Sig from the Plat, and going by the answer should tell me if they'd do further credit checks or just straight swap.

I think you should be fine to migrate if your limit is high enough. I migrated from platinum to Select a few years ago. Had a limit much higher than needed but they took a little while. Might have had something to do with whether they chose to also enforce the income minimum which I could've proved but no one asked (or citi just taking ages). Got it approved in the end.

I think you should be fine to migrate if your limit is high enough. I migrated from platinum to Select a few years ago. Had a limit much higher than needed but they took a little while. Might have had something to do with whether they chose to also enforce the income minimum which I could've proved but no one asked (or citi just taking ages). Got it approved in the end.
Just got reply from them.
It's a no for the bonus points and the fee free for life.
Due to current limit on platinum being below the limit for signature, they will/can't swap us over. Also because she just got a limit increase 2 months ago, another increase can't occur within 6 months from the last increase. So gotta wait 4 more months to get limit increase and then to swap over.

does this card pay points for bpay payment?

No it doesn't.
Is it the Signature that doesn't pay bpay points? Because I've just checked my plat statement and it looks like they have paid points for my bpay payments.

Is there a way to check online for how much points you get per transaction? I've just calculated the total payments made in the statement and compared to points earned.

Is it the Signature that doesn't pay bpay points? Because I've just checked my plat statement and it looks like they have paid points for my bpay payments.

Is there a way to check online for how much points you get per transaction? I've just calculated the total payments made in the statement and compared to points earned.

Hmmm - I was pretty sure, but maybe a call to Citi is in order

Unfortunately no itemized points statement but I see they accrue as charges are posted to your account. I check daily.

BPay seems to be working at the moment (I'm on Prestige). I generally try to pay bills direct on biller website to protect against this feature being enhanced away without notice.

Hmmm - I was pretty sure, but maybe a call to Citi is in order

Worked for me last time and I'm not in favour of calling CC companies on issues like this. A small transaction would clarify this.

Worked for me last time and I'm not in favour of calling CC companies on issues like this. A small transaction would clarify this.

Yes good point. I'll give it a try

I guess i'm a bit cough - I keep a spreadsheet with calculation to reconcile the points that should be earned and cross check frequently.

(Also helps with my Tax return/Bas.)

does this card pay points for bpay payment?

I did a Bpay payment on Monday and can confirm that I received points for the transaction on my Signature card.

I guess i'm a bit cough - I keep a spreadsheet with calculation to reconcile the points that should be earned and cross check frequently.

(Also helps with my Tax return/Bas.)
I don't check my statements much to see if I've earned the correct amount of points. Just get bit lazy. Guess I have a 'bit' too much trust in CC companies. I should start check my accounts more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back