Citibank Signature 90k QFF bonus, $4k spend in 90 days, $0 first yr annual fee, exp 30 June 2019 | Page 7 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Citibank Signature 90k QFF bonus, $4k spend in 90 days, $0 first yr annual fee, exp 30 June 2019

Flights
My Map
I got rejected and offered the inferior platinum card over the signature. Opted against taking it. Bit annoyed as I have no idea why I would be declined.

And the decline took my credit score down 133 from 846 to 713. Means a break from churning for me and avoiding citi from now on.

33kft

AFF Supporter
And the decline took my credit score down 133 from 846 to 713. Means a break from churning for me and avoiding citi from now on.
Check it again in a week or two (no kidding, sometimes it will rebound above the original score). These calculations are an enigma and then some.

Demonoid

So I have been waiting about a week now with the application still in submitted mode.
I called the Credit Card applications team to speed it up and they directed me to to email newca1@citi.com with my application number as well as 2 payslips (instead of the 1 the application asked me for) and a copy of my license and medicare cards. We'll see how it goes. They also mentioned it's up to a 2 week wait usually so hopefully this speeds it up as I have a few big ticket items I have been waiting to use the card for...

GSP

Contrary to other's experience I've a had a dream run with Citibank with this card. A very seamless application process and then register/activation of the card. I then rang up to ensure the Qantas details were correct and I was enrolled in the QFF program which was confirmed.

The operator was very very helpful and and the end of the call finished off with giving me a "goodwill gesture" of a $30 credit to be applied to the card. Yay

Rusty776

So far so good for me. Applied, approved in 3 hours. Card received 6 days later. Just activated so hoping the spend and bonus points arrive quickly.

Danger

AFF Supporter
I applied after hours and 15 hours later was approved, after uploading the same pay slip for both proof of income and proof of employment. I was then bombarded with six text messages and seven emails simultaneously. The card I was approved for is "Citibank Rewards Credit Card - Signature" (which, incidentally, does not feature on their list of cards here: https://www.citibank.com.au/keyfactsheet/GENERIC_KFS.pdf). I hope this is the Qantas one referred to in the first post.

May I confirm please that ATO, government charges etc. do qualify for the $4k minimum spend (I'm aware they don't earn points)?
Credit Savvy recorded a Citibank enquiry but it didn't impact my rating.

tricky1337

Intern
Flights
My Map
Is there actually a way to tell if you're on Qantas rewards rather than Citi? Seems like there is no mention of Qantas if i go to my card on online banking. When I click rewards it seems to take me to Citi rewards.

I did chat with someone online and got them to confirm I am eligble for the Qantas bonus and to re-add my QFF number but really have no faith in Citi to do anything right..

Kangol

AFF Supporter
Is there actually a way to tell if you're on Qantas rewards rather than Citi? Seems like there is no mention of Qantas if i go to my card on online banking. When I click rewards it seems to take me to Citi rewards.

I did chat with someone online and got them to confirm I am eligble for the Qantas bonus and to re-add my QFF number but really have no faith in Citi to do anything right..
Ring and double check they have your QFF number and that you will be getting QFF points.
Did you put your number in the application?

Rusty776

I entered mine during the application process. You can also see your QFF number registered when you log into internet banking Under Rewards - Miles registration... my QFF appears in there.

auflier

Intern

After activate before any spend, go to rewards link from your cc online page and input your qff. Or ask Citi to update over the phone. Their format is odd. So be wary if you input your own.

Demonoid

I received a call from Citibank today. He asked for two pieces of information that was not on my application form. An old address from 5 years ago, and also which organisations have every made a credit enquiry for me? I found that a very weird question...I rattled off NAB for my home loan and also AMEX back in the day. That was enough. 5 mins after I hung up i received the happy text message that I was approved. Strange process but got there in the end.

33kft

AFF Supporter
Both of those questions are to validate the information they have from your credit pull, they asked me similar questions and explained it to me as a verification of the credit file information they had.

knightfall88

Intern
Credit Savvy recorded a Citibank enquiry but it didn't impact my rating.
I got rejected online (I am guessing it's because I applied and received the Virgin Money card the month before). This was in early June. No enquiry on Credit Savvy as of July. How long does it take?

AFF on Air Podcast

• Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chaucer