Citibank Rewards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashback

Enthusiast
I've just logged onto my Citibank account and when I click on Account Services > Rewards it currently tells me:

Access Error
The Citibank credit card that you have selected is not included in the Citibank Rewards program.

This can be a simple glitch but has meant in my case a compromised card and a reissue.In either case a call to their 1800 number should clarify.

It also happens I think if you have exceeded your credit limit.

Which credit card do you actually have?

Not as in maybe you aren't a member of Citibank Rewards, but just curious.

-Me

Which credit card do you actually have?

Not as in maybe you aren't a member of Citibank Rewards, but just curious.

-Me

Free for life Silver. Have already redeemed about 100,000 points or so in the past without any issue. Current balance is ~12,000 so being capped certainly isn't an issue.

I've had this before a couple of times, only a temporary glitch that didn't last longer than 1 or 2 days

I've contacted them through the secure online comms, so will see what they say.

I didn't have much luck with their online support, was told I need to call. Finally got around to calling, and they think that my card has been compromised so want to issue me with a new card.

Hopefully it arrives quick, as I'm heading off overseas on Thursday.

My guess is because there are a few Mc Donalds transactions, stemming off the back of the recent skimming fiasco.

My guess is because there are a few Mc Donalds transactions, stemming off the back of the recent skimming fiasco.

Moral of the story: don't eat at Maccas :)

(although I have heard that the Angus burger was quite tasty)

Still you would think is your card had been compromised, they would have been more proactive in contacting you about the issue.

Moral of the story: don't eat at Maccas :)

(although I have heard that the Angus burger was quite tasty)

Still you would think is your card had been compromised, they would have been more proactive in contacting you about the issue.

That's right, why did they only block me being able to see my rewards balance; but not block being able to use the card :confused::confused:

I am not a Macca's sinner usually, so yes; it was in fact the Angus that caused the transactions :mrgreen:

The citibank sites is one of the most poorly designed sites out there.

Constant glitches, errors etc.

Wouldnt be suprised if you tried it tomorrow and it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back