Citibank Rewards Platinum - 130,000 points, $49 AF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leroy87

Just logged out of citibank internet banking and was hit with this:

Citi Australia

Unlike the public offer out there (which I think is only for 120,000 points as well) this gives you all the bonus points in one hit, without having to wait for a card anniversary to come around. Good for 43k KF miles - will just about get you to SIN in J during KF escapes.

I couldn't find anything in the Ts&Cs related to this product to suggest an exclusion period (though I'm sure there is one that applies) so I jumped on and asked online chat, which was actually kind of useful:

Me: I currently have a Citibank Visa Signature earning Qantas points (great card, love it). As I logged out of banking I got offered a Citi Rewards Platinum with 130,000 bonus points.
Am I allowed to take out another card and get bonus points?
Citi: Good afternoon, xx_x.
Thank you for your interest with our Citi Credit Card product.
Yes, you can submit another application for a credit card and get that bonus.
The current Citibank Visa Signature, is this open for more than 9 months?
Me: No it's only been a few months. Maybe 3 or so?
Does that make a difference at all?
Citi: I see. If the account is recently opened (within 9 months), it's advisable to open/apply for new account after nine months.
Me: I see. Is that because I can't be approved for another card until after 9 months or because I'm just less likely to be approved after a short time?
Citi: It's more likely that the second application will be rejected automatically. It's on the credit contract that we an assess another line of credit application after nine months from recently opened/approved account.
Me: Ok that makes sense, thank you.

So if it's been 9 months since you opened another Citi card (seemingly doesn't need to be closed) then you might have a stab at this...

I like the idea of 43K Kris miles for $49. I may need to get on the chat line and see if I qualify. Yesterday, I cancelled my (Citi) QF Money held since Feb this year, so if I do qualify I'll need that in writing. Although, I'd prefer an Amex now that Iam 18 months over.

Is the Virgin Money Velocity Visa a citi card that would make me ineligible for this offer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back