Citibank Readycredit / Personal credit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

Have you guys come across any specials on these products lately? I remember a couple of years back, there were 4000 QFF points on Readycredit and they had offered me a Balance trasfer rate of 3.99% for the life of the loan but I had nothing to transfer then.... the current offer on their website is 2.99% for 6 months.

Of late they have this new product Personal Credit which seems to me like readycredit except that it has a yearly fee of 69$. the promotion on this product is 6.99% for balance transfer for life. Has anyone been able to get better than these balance transfer rates?

another question: can I request a balance transfer on one of these products to an AMEX account which is in CREDIT (has nothing owing ) and use the money in credit for future purchases. (can the amount in credit on AMEX be requested to be deposited in CASH to a bank account?)

Well you may ask why go through all this trouble to balance transfer when there is nothing owing on the card - well to use some money for home rennovations and some money to lie in the offset account when the balance trafer is at a lower interest rate than my home loan rate.

Thanks

Andy

Citibank are often willing to do balance transfers in the form of a 'convenience cheque', which you can have made out to yourself and put straight in the bank. Best way to find out is to call and ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back