Citibank Ready Credit Account points???

Status
Not open for further replies.

pottsy

Alright having read the previous posts on this matter I am totally confused.
A simple question (from a simple person).
Assuming I am willing to put up with Citibanks bad service, would it be worth my applying for the above 'just' to get the 5000 QFF points I have been offered??? Then ditching it at a later date???
I would undoubtedly 'never' use the facility (I pay everything off already before interest due). Just wondered if there were any unforeseen loopholes re: charges etc.
Ta in advance.[/b]

I have the Readicredit card, but took it out before the FF points promotion was offered. I have not had any need to call Citibank and hence not experienced the reported poor services myself. I use my account for several main purposes:
  • Free cheque book for the few occasions I need to write a cheque
  • No account fees, including overseas ATM fees or foreign exchange fees
  • Very competitive foreign exchange rates compared with Visa, Amex and Diners Club cards
However, be aware that when you apply for the card (at least when I did) there is no provision to apply for a specific credit amount. They evaluate your history and income and decide how much credit to offer. Note that this will appear on your credit reference (now managed by Baycorp) as an application for what may be a very large amount of credit and that may later affect your ability to gain future credit from other organisations. I believe this is a specific ploy by Citibank and other credit providers to lock people in to their credit services.

I have found the Citibank internet on-line banking site to work pretty well and I use BPay to pre-pay funds into my account before using my card for foreign currency withdrawals when travelling.

pottsy said:
A simple question (from a simple person).

Had a laugh when reading this pottsy, thinking about "Happy Days". Welcome to AFF.

pottsy said:
Assuming I am willing to put up with Citibanks bad service...

I know we've all either experienced/ heard about bad service from Citibank. But I've only received exemplary service when dealing with them in Oz and Japan. I also find their on-line services solid. Just my 2yen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back