Citibank iPhone app not working with iOS7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Citibank's OTP relied on the device's UUID which is no longer accessible in iOS 7 via API due to privacy concerns. Instead there is new API available for apps to identify devices. I noticed the issue as iOS 7 beta user (developer) and reported to Citi in August. Apparently the call centre had no clue what I was talking about and asked me to restart my phone, reinstall the app, re-register for the mobile OTP !@#!$!@# when I was just trying to give them a friendly reminder that their App won't work in iOS 7 unless they update their code. The final response was "we are a large bank and our IT will definitely update the app if this is necessary."

Shouldn't have bothered to ring them up.

The final response was "we are a large bank and our IT will definitely update the app if this is necessary."

Honesty their social media team is also a joke - check out their Facebook page, tons of negative posts from very frustrated customers. Management should kick some butts however as this seems to be pretty consistent across the board the problem is definitely poor management at Citi...

The HSBC app I use is still missing the extra pixels on an iPhone 5, and now 5s/c so it seems everyone can be a bit slow on certain things.

You can't honestly believe their call centre would pass on any details to their IT team do you? Call Centre in Asia or India getting in contact with their American iPhone app developers.. It would be cool though if Apple could open up the fingerprint authentication to the mobile banking sector, obviously not release the fingerprints but how it works with the App Store. I'm loving my 5S!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back