Citibank Gold Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambbbam2

Well I think I have cracked! I have had enough of the constant offers of being "one of a select few to be pre-approved" for a Citibank Gold Visa.

However the annual fee of $119 seems steep, no points on balance transfers but they have offered 4.9% for "life".

Are there any catches or better deals that I could get?

bambbbam2 said:
Well I think I have cracked! I have had enough of the constant offers of being "one of a select few to be pre-approved" for a Citibank Gold Visa.

However the annual fee of $119 seems steep, no points on balance transfers but they have offered 4.9% for "life".

Are there any catches or better deals that I could get?

4.9% for life is by far the best offer you will get unless you choose one of the few cards out there that offer 0% for the first 6 months..then switch to citibank on the 5th month, assuming you dont pay the balance off by then.

The best dea with points for citibank i have seen is 6.9%

the 2% is hardly worth the points if you have a large amount to BT

think you'll find, that the 4.9% offers are for REDICREDIT cards only.
That's why NO POINTS.
The 6.9% offers are for the 'points' cards.

regards,

Gordon said:
think you'll find, that the 4.9% offers are for REDICREDIT cards only.
That's why NO POINTS.
The 6.9% offers are for the 'points' cards.

regards,

i was sent a "Transfer your balance to citibank for 4.9% for LIFE" form with my latest statement...

0% for 6 Months

I managed to get a rate of 0% for 6 Months on my Platinum Card and I beleive they stilll have a promotion of 2% for 6 Months

I got 4.9% for life for my Platinum card. This is less than any rate for even home loans.
Though they call it balance transfer, it is really a low interest loan as you can ask them to send the cheques in your name and you need not have o/s balances in any other credt cards.
Only catch is (there must be one!), if you charge any amount to this card, the new charges will attract the high interest rate (18%). As I understand, any payment you make into the card will go to pay the balance transfer amount (at 4.9%) first. So effectively your high interest balance will creep up along with high interest.
I recently paid off all balance in my card, then got them to send $15K check to me, which I used to pay some of my other loans. I am paying the minimum payment of $300 every month without charging anything to the card. So effectively enjoying the 4.9% for paying the annual fee (which was reduced to $119.00).

At the moment they have the similar offer with Ready Credit at 6.9%. It looks like they alternate the offer of 6.9% and 4.9% between the credit card and ready credit. Good thing with Ready Credit is that you do not pay an annual fee.

I managed to get a rate of 0% for 6 Months on my Platinum Card and I beleive they stilll have a promotion of 2% for 6 Months

Welcome to AFF, iamhappening. Nice work on the 0%. 8)

At the moment they have the similar offer with Ready Credit at 6.9%. It looks like they alternate the offer of 6.9% and 4.9% between the credit card and ready credit. Good thing with Ready Credit is that you do not pay an annual fee.

The Ready Credit offer is 4.9%, not 6.9%. (IMHO that's a very attractive rate, even if no points come with the transfer).

NC

Just wanted to clear a few things up as seems to be a bit of confusion and incorrect figures in the above posts. The Citibank Gold credit card does offer a transfer rate of 4.9% for the life of the balance. The annual fee of $119 may be a bit steep although you do get some good travel insurance and protection benefits. Depends on whether you will use them. They also have a Silver credit card which is currently offering the same 4.9% for life of balance offer and annual fee is only $69. This also earns flyer points on new purchases. If you don't need all the extra features this may be a more cost effective option.

The ReadyCredit product mentioned in threads has a 6 month intro rate of 2.9% which is great for debt consolidation but its a line of credit which can be accessed via a Visa debit card, it's not a credit card and does not earn flyer points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back