CitiBank CC - able to transfer QFF points from the web site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gum Nut

I do not yet have a CitiBank CC but am considering closing our gold Q/ANZ Visa card and getting one.

My question is are points from CitiBank web site transferrable to my QFF account?

I took a look around the CB demo internet site but could only see a points redemption reference.

TIA - GumNut

Yeah, the new Citibank site has a REWARDS section that WILL allow you to transfer Citibank Reward points over to QFF points.
I recently had an experience with Citibank......
I too had an ANZ card. I was interested in transferring the balance over to Citibank. I asked for someone off this FF site to 'sponsor' me on my Citibank credit card application form. The advertised offer, was 10,000 points EACH for a Platinum card, or 5,000 for the Citibank Gold card. (I eventually got approved only for Gold, and there the offer of DOUBLE points if you closed your other account) The CONCURRENT offer, was 6.9%pa for nine months. Citibank DID NOT display ANY CONDITIONS (anywhere) to state, that you could only have one or the other. Thus, when I complained (in writing) about this..... I received a letter back (a few weeks later), to state, that I will only pay 6.9%pa for the following nine months.... PLUS, I'll be awarded 10,000 points! (even though I was expecting 5,000)
I was rather pleased with this result. I eventually got 30,000 points for a $10,000. balance transfer!
I'm not sure if anyone else could obtain the same result (after I made it QUITE obvious to Citibank that they failed to make THEIR rules obvious to their customers)....
Still, contact them, and ask about BOTH offers..... tell them a 'friend' referred you to their website, and you want to take up BOTH offers.... see what they say!

regards.....

I took up the Citibank Ready Credit special for 4000 Qantas points. The account has been opened for around 4-5 months and I am still waiting for the points to be credited to my FF account.

The customer service staff do not know what's going on. No one can tell me when the points will go through. :evil:

Is anyone else having the same problem??

You may have been credited with Citibank Reward Points, and you would have to specifically request a transfer over to the QFF program.

Surely a Citibank telephone inquiry person should be able to identify your particular situation, and give advice?

Good luck.....

Thanks Gordon.

The only way to get Citibank points is by having a Citibank credit card. Since I do not have one, this is not possible.

Citibank finally says there has been problems with crediting points to QFF. Apprantly these problems date back to November 2002?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back