Citi Select - No insurance booklet available

Status
Not open for further replies.

aschmid

I recently signed up for Select card and received it with a whole lot of stuff in a nice welcome pack.

The only strange thing was that there was only a "flyer" for the insurance that referred to the website or said you can call to receive a copy of the booklet. At This stage I didn't think much of it and went only to look at the insurance booklet. It's okay but it's hard to read and even harder to print out. It's way to small to read for me.

Anyway thought I give them a quick call today to send me out a copy of the booklet and guess what: "Sorry sir, we apologise, but we don't have a copy of the insurance booklet available that we can send you". Really! Why? - No answer, it's just not available.

This is raising a lot of red flags for me right now: Why would they not have a copy of the insurance booklet? Are they trying to hide something?

Has anybody else got a insurance booklet from them?

I recently signed up for Select card and received it with a whole lot of stuff in a nice welcome pack.

The only strange thing was that there was only a "flyer" for the insurance that referred to the website or said you can call to receive a copy of the booklet. At This stage I didn't think much of it and went only to look at the insurance booklet. It's okay but it's hard to read and even harder to print out. It's way to small to read for me.

Anyway thought I give them a quick call today to send me out a copy of the booklet and guess what: "Sorry sir, we apologise, but we don't have a copy of the insurance booklet available that we can send you". Really! Why? - No answer, it's just not available.

This is raising a lot of red flags for me right now: Why would they not have a copy of the insurance booklet? Are they trying to hide something?

Has anybody else got a insurance booklet from them?

Which type of insurance are you talking about? I'm assuming you mean travel, purchase protection etc.... However Citi also likes to market their payment protection insurance, and seem to like including flyers about this with things they send you...

Citibank has quite a comprehensive insurance website that includes details in a clearer format than the technical T&Cs - you can find it here Insurance - Citibank Australia

What is the issue with the digital version of the insurance? You can download a copy as a pdf and zoom in so the text is as large as you like...

Which type of insurance are you talking about? I'm assuming you mean travel, purchase protection etc.... However Citi also likes to market their payment protection insurance, and seem to like including flyers about this with things they send you...

Citibank has quite a comprehensive insurance website that includes details in a clearer format than the technical T&Cs - you can find it here Insurance - Citibank Australia

What is the issue with the digital version of the insurance? You can download a copy as a pdf and zoom in so the text is as large as you like...

Yes I am talking about the "travel, purchase protection, etc ..." insurance.

Well the issue is that for everything else, even the "payment protection insurance" a booklet is included in your welcome back. Just not for the one that's really counts. So why?

I have not so much problems with a digital copy if Citibank strategy would be to provide those booklets electronic rather than in printed form to "save the trees" or something. And yes you can read digital copies.

The big question mark is "Why is the complimentary insurance the only one Citibank can't provide a printed booklet for?

That's my issue, not printed versus digital which is fine with me. Why single out this one to be different?

Yes I am talking about the "travel, purchase protection, etc ..." insurance.

Well the issue is that for everything else, even the "payment protection insurance" a booklet is included in your welcome back. Just not for the one that's really counts. So why?

I have not so much problems with a digital copy if Citibank strategy would be to provide those booklets electronic rather than in printed form to "save the trees" or something. And yes you can read digital copies.

The big question mark is "Why is the complimentary insurance the only one Citibank can't provide a printed booklet for?

That's my issue, not printed versus digital which is fine with me. Why single out this one to be different?

Sounds like you've encountered the Citibank 'wall'... Call again and get a different person - I'd be willing to bet money that they will send you a printed copy of your insurance information...

Thanks for the link and yes it's there. BUT call me "old fashioned" or "risk adverse" for something like an insurance booklet outlining the T&C of my cover I really prefer to have a written document in my hands.

Some might ask why? It would not be the first time that things on the internet had magically changed from when I looked last time. I think Citibank also has a bit of reputation for this in particular with special offers and promotions. I had it once with a Sony TV which I bought based on specs from their website only to find it wasn't like described but when I went back the website description had changed.

Maybe it's just my memory loss occurring, but at least with a printed booklet I can't blame anybody else for information changed, can I. :confused:

Thanks for the link and yes it's there. BUT call me "old fashioned" or "risk adverse" for something like an insurance booklet outlining the T&C of my cover I really prefer to have a written document in my hands.

Some might ask why? It would not be the first time that things on the internet had magically changed from when I looked last time. I think Citibank also has a bit of reputation for this in particular with special offers and promotions. I had it once with a Sony TV which I bought based on specs from their website only to find it wasn't like described but when I went back the website description had changed.

Maybe it's just my memory loss occurring, but at least with a printed booklet I can't blame anybody else for information changed, can I. :confused:

Print it out?

I get your point, however keep in mind that it will be quickest to get an updated version of the insurance details online rather than a paper copy if the details do indeed change...

For insurance the rules need to be static - ie a claim made today by two different people must be 'governed' by the same rules (assuming all other circumstances are the same).

I do understand your point, however the information should really be the same...

Like I said, call and ask for it. You will often get incorrect or stupid answers from Citibank, however there MUST be information that they can provide.

Print it out?

And what's next: i go online to print a copy of my credit card, cut it out and stick it on a piece of plastic because the clowns at Citibank tell me they no longer print cards for customers? :shock:

I had them send me a copy of the book about 1 month ago without any problems.

I did not call them, I sent them a message using their message system once I had signed into my account.

I had them send me a copy of the book about 1 month ago without any problems.

I did not call them, I sent them a message using their message system once I had signed into my account.

Thanks for letting me know, that's actually what I was after to see if others have seen a booklet.

I actually tend to believe that the person on the phone didn't understand what I was asking for. It's always a bit of a problem with the guys in the Philippines that if you ask them for something that's not on their "script" they get stuck, even it's simple.

I have an open complaint now with them and wait a couple of days if they can get back to me or not.

Thanks for letting me know, that's actually what I was after to see if others have seen a booklet.

I actually tend to believe that the person on the phone didn't understand what I was asking for. It's always a bit of a problem with the guys in the Philippines that if you ask them for something that's not on their "script" they get stuck, even it's simple.

I have an open complaint now with them and wait a couple of days if they can get back to me or not.

Not a problem.

I think you are correct in saying that the person misunderstood what you wanted.

Just remember (and I am sure you already know this) that if you need to make a claim say next year the information in the printed book could be wrong so it is always best to watch the online document (or usually your credit card statement) for any changes.

If you run into trouble with them feel free to send me your address and I will send you my copy

Not a problem.

I think you are correct in saying that the person misunderstood what you wanted.

Just remember (and I am sure you already know this) that if you need to make a claim say next year the information in the printed book could be wrong so it is always best to watch the online document (or usually your credit card statement) for any changes.

If you run into trouble with them feel free to send me your address and I will send you my copy

This is what I was getting at when I referred to the digital version - this should (almost) always be up to date...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back