citi prestige reduced fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripper

Has anyone had any luck getting a fee reduction on the city prestige card from $ 700 to $350 or less.

You'd have to be pretty desperate to put big money into Citibank... They make all 4 of the majors seem massively competent

Yes, I called up recently and managed to get them to reduce the annual fee to $350. They weren't willing to waive it entirely. I average several k a month through the card, no Citigold. Made a point of complaining about the reduction in points transfer rates, and cutting of some benefits.

Thank you "lm118"
I have approx 50 -75K spend per month, thank you very much for the advice, because I went to cancel the card asking for reduction in fee and wanted put me straight through to cancellations.

How did you go reducing the fee? Same thing happened to me, put me through to cancellations straight away

I've usually called up and cited some of the reduced benefits (there's usually a reduction of some sort every year) - this year it's points earn rate for velocity & Krisflyer. Hasn't taken much to get a 50% reduction. My renewal is up in the next few months. Will post my experience then.
Even with the recent reductions, it's still a keeper for me. Bonus if I get a discount.

Firstly, thank you all for sharing all your knowledge/experience on AFF.

I tried to apply for the prestige cc online yesterday but the online form did not have an option for me to select Qantas rewards. So I ended up ringing the call centre in the ?Phillipines. The operator asked which prestige cc deal I was after. I mentioned the 70k rewards points. He immediately asked me to apply via the phone with him and he can also half my annual card fees for the first year. I cannot seem to find this deal online anywhere. So, to those potential new card applicants out there - might want to try applying through the call centre and get your fees halved for the first year. BTW not a citigold customer.

Firstly, thank you all for sharing all your knowledge/experience on AFF.

I tried to apply for the prestige cc online yesterday but the online form did not have an option for me to select Qantas rewards. So I ended up ringing the call centre in the ?Phillipines. The operator asked which prestige cc deal I was after. I mentioned the 70k rewards points. He immediately asked me to apply via the phone with him and he can also half my annual card fees for the first year. I cannot seem to find this deal online anywhere. So, to those potential new card applicants out there - might want to try applying through the call centre and get your fees halved for the first year. BTW not a citigold customer.

The half annual fee for first year deal is available here:

Qantas

It is $350 + $49 QF rewards fee, so $399 for the first year in total.

Applied not for the Prestige card but the Signature Reward Card for Qantas Frequent Flyer. To my surprise I have been knocked back. First time it has happened as I have had no issues with any other bank and have no outstanding loans or mortgages. I have heard though that they are quite strict and as I am a contractor maybe they knocked me back for this reason? Can you appeal this at all?

Did you call them? I only call to book 4 night hotel deals to pay for 3 nights.

I hope they survey me. I will be unloading with both barrels.
Pele you may just not be the 'God' at Citi Land as you are in Brazil Land so 'unloading' on any Citi phone rep on any topic would be totally useless and TBH totally unfair on phone rep.

If you have a legitimate beef with Citi on a certain topic act like a grown up and express that discontent in writing to the appropriate dept - my suggestion only of course - feel free to undertake any course you see fit personally.

Been on half fee for 4 years
No need to ring up - total spend ~~ 300k pa

Was on no fee for a couple of years now.
Rung up last week as renewal was coming up - but could not have it waived this time. The best they could offer was half fee and 30,000 bonus points. Total Spend ~500K

Was on no fee for a couple of years now.
Rung up last week as renewal was coming up - but could not have it waived this time. The best they could offer was half fee and 30,000 bonus points. Total Spend ~500K

Kimster - how hard did you have to push to get the bonus points + 1/2 fee?

Half fee was alright - just asked for a complete reduction and was offered half a reduction. Don't even bother to talk to the regular CSR - ask them to put to cancellations straightaway.

Had to push for the bonus points citing the usual downgrade, reduction in points conversion etc. Was offered 10K but was put on the line for at least 5-6 minutes to get that raised to 30K.

As mentioned earlier, was on no fee - so it is a bit of setback to what it was before. May be the new norms in the CC market currently

Is it possible to apply for this card at half the usual cost and once the QF bonus points have come in, is it possible to switch to Citipoints earning (for Krisflyer etc points)?

The half annual fee for first year deal is available here:

Qantas

It is $350 + $49 QF rewards fee, so $399 for the first year in total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back