Citi moving debit card from VISA to Mastercard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haplo

Just got an email today stating that from 31 March next year the VISA debit card will be replaced with Mastercard debit card when it expires. Maybe a sign of changes coming up for credit card as well.

Damn. I think Visa has slightly better exchangr rates over MasterCard.

I have a different experience. Whenever I compare my BW zero Mastercard CC ATM wihdrawals vs the Citibank Visa Debit card, the mastercard always wins

I have a different experience. Whenever I compare my BW zero Mastercard CC ATM wihdrawals vs the Citibank Visa Debit card, the mastercard always wins

ditto for me as well

I'm trying to figure out if % conversion charge is changing also for overseas ATM withdrawals. The new terms and conditions indicate a 2.5% conversion charge.

I'm not surprised they've changed as earlier this year, they inked a deal with MC to issue only their cards.
Have US cards and credit card is MC and debit card is also MC.
Must be rolling it out to our region now.

I'm trying to figure out if % conversion charge is changing also for overseas ATM withdrawals. The new terms and conditions indicate a 2.5% conversion charge.

The table I think you are referencing specifically excludes the Citibank Plus Transaction account. So no 2.5% charge. Yet.

ditto for me as well

+2 here. Comparing the MasterCard rate in using the 28 Degrees card and the Visa rate on the Citibank Plus, the MasterCard would come out in front at least 8 out of 10 times. The difference though is so minor as to be negligible in the real world. Fractions of cents.

As long as there are no fees or charges for ATM withdraws OS, I don't care if its Visa or MC.

They are adding a 2.5% foreign transaction fee, we used this card when travelling overseas heaps so now we may close it and shop around for a fee free one. Any recommendations?

They sent me a letter, I will find it, double check it.

Make sure you're talking specifically about the Citibank Plus debit card account. The Plus account is the only one without foreign transaction charges. All other standard Citibank debit cards do have foreign charges.

Make sure you're talking specifically about the Citibank Plus debit card account. The Plus account is the only one without foreign transaction charges. All other standard Citibank debit cards do have foreign charges.

Oops. I apologise. I did not read the letter properly. Phew, I am relieved. Definitely not the Citibank Plus, they are exempt from the 2.5% foreign transaction fee.

My Citi Plus card is valid until 3/18, so there is still plenty of time to enhance it

Recently used my Citibank Plus card to grab some cash in RAR with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back