Check-in to QF9 at SYD?

Sponsored Post

This is an example of a Sponsored Post, one of the many ways you can advertise on the Australian Frequent Flyer.

Other options include banner advertisements on our content and forum pages or our newsletter. You can also purchase an audio message on our podcast - or if you just want to try it out, you can sponsor a thread.

If you'd prefer not to see any advertisements (including these sponsored posts), you can become an AFF Supporter from just $6 and instantly remove all advertisements from our website!

justinbrett

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Silver
How's your First in MEL First?

Not bad. Definitely a mini version of the Sydney lounge, and leaps and bounds better than the international J lounge here.

It is a lot smaller than I expected, service is just as slack as SYD post covid but definitely pretty close to the original.

One thing that has changed since I went through about 2.75 years back, and then about 2 year ago, just prior to pandemic or so, is the auto scanning to BP to open the first section on the "int" departure system.
Years ago, there used to be the frosted double doors, that opened side ways, and a person there to check your BP.
Now, your BP will be scanned by a DIY system reader, to pass the turnstil system, and this is even prior to the first human security scanning.
Since MEL T2 airport was updated, a lot of things have changed, scanning wise.
The initial BP scanning is DIY too, the girl/guy by the turnstils does not "assist", but makes sure there is a flow of pax through.
You can google "T2 MEL airport" just to see what to look out for, tho.
June, heh, not all that far away now.
I am envious (for you)!
My flying is not till Jul, dom only though.

justinbrett

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Silver
One thing that has changed since I went through about 2.75 years back, and then about 2 year ago, just prior to pandemic or so, is the auto scanning to BP to open the first section on the "int" departure system.
Years ago, there used to be the frosted double doors, that opened side ways, and a person there to check your BP.
Now, your BP will be scanned by a DIY system reader, to pass the turnstil system, and this is even prior to the first human security scanning.
Since MEL T2 airport was updated, a lot of things have changed, scanning wise.
The initial BP scanning is DIY too, the girl/guy by the turnstils does not "assist", but makes sure there is a flow of pax through.
You can google "T2 MEL airport" just to see what to look out for, tho.
June, heh, not all that far away now.
I am envious (for you)!
My flying is not till Jul, dom only though.
That’s not how it worked today. The first point was staffed who was manually checking BPs. Gate was permanently open.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..