Charities that accept Amex online donations

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardoc

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
With Movember over, those that got into the giving spirit might want to consider donating to other charities as well before the end of the year. Remember, it's tax deductible, and all of these accept Amex for whatever amount you want to give:

Home, Amnesty International Australia - Working to Protect Human Rights
Home
http://www.vinnies.org.au
NRMA CareFlight (NSW Careflight)
Welcome To CareFlight Group (QLD Careflight)
The Smith Family
The Cancer Council NSW (NSW Cancer Council)
Home - Anglicare
Garvan Institute — Garvan Institute
Australian Cancer Research Program | Home Australian Cancer Research
The Children's Hospital at Westmead - About us - Donate (Westmead Children's Hospital)
Heart Foundation - Home
Women's & Children's Hospital Foundation - How can I help? - Donate Now
National Breast Cancer Foundation
RSPCA
Salvation Army
Lord Mayor's Charities Fund (for Melbourne)
Oxfam
Guide Dogs Victoria
Care Australia
Royal Childrens Hospital Foundation - B015 Christmas appeal: https://www.workingwonders.com.au/go...ristmas-appeal
Boystown: [URL]https://online.boystown.com.au/boystown/donation.php][/URL]

These are just a few.

There are also the carbon offsets - many of these are tax deductible too.

I've only listed some here ones that Choice rates as "outstanding" in terms of carbon credits (see this article: CHOICE -

https://climatefriendly.com/gift (use the custom calculator to choose how you want to donate)
Climate Positive – Measure, reduce and offset carbon emissions to combat global warming » Tax Deductible Gift (seems to want to accept only a $10 donation or above)

It would be fantastic if all the goodwill that everyone displayed here in the Movember thread spreads to other organisations and we all donate to a lot of organisations! If anyone has any others that they want to suggest, maybe they could include them as links here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Beardoc, thank you for putting this list together. I'm sure each charity will benefit from being named here. If others want ones added to the list, please post and I'm sure that we can keep the list updated.

This is particularly helpful for the current Amex promo :);)....

Last edited:
... I can't post the links ...
Put your URL between [noparse][NOPARSE] ... [/NOPARSE][/noparse] tags.

e.g. [NOPARSE][NOPARSE]www.qantas.com[/NOPARSE][/NOPARSE] shows as [NOPARSE]www.qantas.com[/NOPARSE] ...

Nice thread.
I presume that for most of these charities, donations of $2 and over are tax deductible :)

But then, say if I only want to donate $10 - is it too "disgusting" to give a $2 donation to 5 different charities?? And would I get hounded by them for more money every month thereafter??

Nice thread.
I presume that for most of these charities, donations of $2 and over are tax deductible :)

But then, say if I only want to donate $10 - is it too "disgusting" to give a $2 donation to 5 different charities?? And would I get hounded by them for more money every month thereafter??

Any donation is welcome to them be it $1, $10 or $100. The fact that we have other motives (bonus points) doesn't concern them. To be honest I would rather donate $3 per day than waste money on a silly coffee or drink that I could go without from the local shop. I get the same bonus points and the $ is better going to a charity than to a Mobil/Shell/Coles shop

Some of them have a mimumum donation of $10, I think the Salvos was one of them when I donated last month.

I used to donate a decent chunk of $ to certain charities just before tax time for the tax benefits (and for me to feel good!)

I had certain criteria:

That the charity assists humans - not animals.
The charity must be Australian based and help Australians.
The charity must be well respected in the community.
And, preferably the charity must be doing research or work in an area that could affect me later in life.

So I made donations to such places as Salvation Army, Boystown (Kids Helpline), Flying Doctors, Diabetes Qld, Cancer Council Qld etc etc.

Each of these organisations still send me letters requesting further donations. Most of them I havn't donated to for around 2-3 years.

I don't think you can escape the letters once you start donating...

PS - Adelaide Salvo's get a huge thumbs down from me. Once sent them a gift voucher for a shopping centre in Adelaide city (voucher was due to expire soon, and there was no way I'd use it, but they would have been able to use it). Never received a reply.

So I made donations to such places as Salvation Army, Boystown (Kids Helpline), Flying Doctors, Diabetes Qld, Cancer Council Qld etc etc.

Each of these organisations still send me letters requesting further donations. Most of them I havn't donated to for around 2-3 years.

I don't think you can escape the letters once you start donating...

Boystown love the mail outs that's for sure
Salvos quite often as well

However, you can easily OPT-OUT of mailout now so don't be scared of a piece of junkmail or two, as you can easily stop it

If you would like to support some young adults going to a lot of effort to raise money for charity.. (i am indirectly involved with them via Scouts).

.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P{padding:0px;}.ExternalClass body.EC_hmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;} www2.oxfam.org.au/trailwalker/Melbourne/team/334

Note that the on-line system hasa minimum of $5 though.

Would it be a drama for the mods to edit the first post with subsequently added charities?

Said that AMEX was not supported when I just tried to donate

With Vinnies? That's odd, because I've donated via Amex previously (albeit for amounts much greater than a few dollars).

Their offline donations form still lists Amex - maybe try again?

So are people donating? I would be stoked if people are. It would be fantastic.

I myself usually donate to a few charities at tax time. This year I've brought it forward and am distributing the same amount amongst multiple charities. I would be glad if others are giving to some charities for the first time!

Yes, I intend to sit down this weekend and donate to those on the list that I feel are deserving.

I just signed up (on the street) to the Red Cross using a monthly debit from my Amex, but the first debit isn't until January.

For those of us who are in fortunate positions, we shoudl give to those that aren't in as fortunate a position. It makes me feel good that if ever the roles were reversed, I'd be grateful to receive help. "Do unto others as you would like done unto you" was a mantra that my grandmother lived by, so I try where I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back