Changing money in Perth

Status
Not open for further replies.

hedge

I used to change my AUD to foreign currency at KVB Kunlun and Global Forex in Sydney as they provided the best rate.

Now I am in Perth I am not sure where to go.

Can any Perth ladies or gentlemen please advise on where to go? I already use the 28 degrees card but need cash on occasion :)

I use Flight Centre on the corner of King Street/St Georges Terrace. No commission, so the rate you see posted is the rate you get, and from my wanderings it's normally better than most nearby (HSBC, Travellex, other banks, even other Flight Centre outlets). YMMV, of course.

I use Flight Centre on the corner of King Street/St Georges Terrace. No commission, so the rate you see posted is the rate you get, and from my wanderings it's normally better than most nearby (HSBC, Travellex, other banks, even other Flight Centre outlets). YMMV, of course.
Thanks for your post. Normally I would be very sceptical of Flight Centre as it seems like a place for mum and dad travellers, however I will check it out and compare it to global forex in Syd.

They still use $A in Perth, don't they... oh, sorry, misread post :)

UAE exchange in perth city/freo offer the best rates in my experience. I have never seen a good rate at flight centre, but you may have a better centre than I.

If in Perth city, just have a walk around but make sure you check UAE exchange.

Hay St mall and the connecting London Court seem to have the best collection of money changers.
UAE Exchange has typically been the most economical for money transfer to SEAsia, but with straight money conversion you should always check all the participants in that area.

Happy wandering

Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back