Changing card types - how difficult?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilo

Ultimately I want the Diamond Awards card as I intend to run a good level of ATO payment through this and warehouse points for future use on VA and SQ.

But I don't like signing up to a new card without some kind of bonus. I notice there is a current 40k bonus Qantas points (Still useful to me) + free first year on the Platinum Awards card. Perhaps I should sign up to this then transfer over to Diamond at a later point.

Has anyone done a CBA card product transfer and can you tell me how difficult it is?

Thanks

Assuming your new (assuming you don't have a CBA card right now) Platinum card has a limit at the level for Diamond, will take just a phone call to migrate. CBA don't require you to re-apply. Very easy process compared to some like Amex.

Thanks - I am not currently a CBA customer.
Am I correct in thinking these cards can accrue either Qantas or CBA awards points?

As long as your platinum card has a limit of $12,000 (this limit is for migration, applying for a new Diamond account requires a higher limit) you can migrate to Diamond at any time.

I thought the min. credit limit for diamond via migration was $15,000?

As per this form: https://www.commbank.com.au/personal/apply-online/download-printed-forms/003-041.pdf

(I may be wrong. It could be an outdated form)

You are right but the $15,000 will only apply to Visa cards. For example if you have a Gold or Platinum CommBank Visa then you must have a limit of $15,000 to migrate, but only $12,000 is required for MasterCard accounts. If you have an existing Diamond MasterCard then you can reduce the limit as low as $12,000 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back