Changes to your $450 Qantas Travel Credit Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

mansai

Just got an email indicating changes to the $450 Qantas Travel Credit on the AMEX Ultimate
As a Qantas American Express Ultimate Card Member, you are eligible for a $450 Travel Credit which can be used for Qantas flights. With the continued uncertainty about travel this year we previously extended the expiry of the Qantas Travel Credit to 31st March 20211. However we know for many of you, the time still isn't right to travel.

Given this, as a once off, we've changed how you can use the Qantas Travel Credit that was extended to 31st March 2021.

In place of the $450 Qantas Travel Credit you'll now have a credit worth up to $450 to spend on Qantas flights booked directly through Qantas, or at Qantas Hotels, Qantas Wine or at the Qantas Rewards Store by 31st of March, 20211.
Also allows for multiple charges up to $450.

Just got an email indicating changes to the $450 Qantas Travel Credit on the AMEX Ultimate

Also allows for multiple charges up to $450.
This isn't new. Info was posted months ago.

The expiry date for the credit isn't new, but broadening use to Qantas Hotels, Qantas Wine or at the Qantas Rewards Store is new isn't it?

The Rewards store seems to have collapsed under a sudden surge of interest.

Sorry, should have made it clearer instead of just bold texting the new information that it is extended to:
Qantas Hotels, Qantas Wine or at the Qantas Rewards Store
Wish it had come through last week before the First Class at Home packages on the Rewards store came out.

but broadening use to Qantas Hotels, Qantas Wine or at the Qantas Rewards Store is new isn't it?
No. Announced several months ago. Posted on AFF last year by @WeeWillyWonka .

December 8, 2020 (New [Amex] statement credits):

"As a Qantas American Express Ultimate Card Member, you are eligible for a $450 Travel Credit which can be used for Qantas flights. With the continued uncertainty about travel this year we've already extended the expiry of the Qantas Travel Credit to 31st March 20211. However we know for many of you, the time still isn't right to travel.

Given this, we've changed how you can use the Qantas Travel Credit that was extended to 31st March 2021.

In place of the $450 Qantas Travel Credit you'll now have a credit worth up to $450 to spend on Qantas flights booked directly through Qantas, or at Qantas Hotels, Qantas Wine or at the Qantas Rewards Store by 31st of March, 2021."

Bumping this thread to see if anyone has had any success challenging Amex to make the travel credit more flexible with lockdowns increasing?

Called Manila CC and was advised that the travel credit can only currently be used for domestic/international QF flights.

Mine is due to expire the first week of next month. Not sure what to do with the credit as not looking at travelling at this stage especially due to the increased lockdowns announced for Melbourne today.
Wondering if I should just make a booking for anything before Feb next year and then cancel it as I have no intention of travelling.

I've found that Amex Travel have been quite flexible of late.

I recently had to change a CBR-OOL flight to CBR-CNS (with a cash difference) with no questions asked.

I imagine that booking something for many months in advance (and then changing if needed) would be also looked on favourably.

After all, Amex wants to retain your membership..

Anybody had recent experience, I want to transfer my $450 voucher to QF credit instead. Any tricks to booking on Travel portal then canceling? The rules indicate any cancelation will void the voucher
Post automatically merged:

Anybody had recent experience, I want to transfer my $450 voucher to QF credit instead. Any tricks to booking on Travel portal then canceling? The rules indicate any cancelation will void the voucher

Post automatically merged:

Not sure - Me thinks Amex is in a state of flux - it takes days for purchases to appear now and their offers saved are hit and miss in terms of them honouring their promises offered in their emails
Eg A few days ago I purchased a QF ticket directly from QF, and received 2 emails after - first email said I was eligible for Amex Platinum QF Offer Spend 250 Get 40 back, next email said i was eligible for a spend of my 450 Platinum Charge Travel Credit (which i already spent for 2021 @ Ritz Carlton Perth) - so in direct contravention of Platinum Charge Travel Credit Offer where it is for spend at Hervey Norman OR Amex Travel)
I've had multiple problems with Amex not honouring their Platinum Dining Offer and agents just say" we have to wait for marketing to work it out -you didn't spend at the merchant listed " after 1 month and after another week, (despite uploading receipts which CLEARLY show address of spend - not my problem if their listed merchant uses a different billing location because they are too scabby to have separate merchant locations - a bit like my using medicare provider number at multiple locations where medicare says i must have a separate provider number for each work location ) I had similar problems with some merchants in the Amex Delicious Month Out MAY offer - so to be concise its quite dubious whether anything will work as it is put into print by Amex - t
Their November Member Offer "lists" restaurants where cashback of 15% is offered, yet there is no link available where it says "Offer valid for payments made by 30/11/2021 online or in-store at participating restaurants listed here" and "Full Offer Terms available here."
The hotel chain cashback offers for "Members Month" are in fact pre-exisitng offers since mid-September and already fully subscribed at opening of offer on November 1(luckily I saved them to all my 3 cards in September) and chains such as Adina do not have an offer despite being displayed as a cashback travel provider on the "Member's Month website.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back