Centurion club access

Status
Not open for further replies.

exp1k

I have a question about the club access. It says that the cardholder and guest get a complimentary drink on arrival.
Is there any limit or restriction, or can I get a $200 glass of cognac for free? Who pays for that, the club or amex?

I have a question about the club access. It says that the cardholder and guest get a complimentary drink on arrival.
Is there any limit or restriction, or can I get a $200 glass of cognac for free? Who pays for that, the club or amex?

The information I've read has always specified a welcome coughtail, not the generic term "drink". In my experience you can order any coughtail. I have had trouble at Ivy with being charged for the coughtails - they seem to have some communication or systems issues with.providing them free...

In the USA, "coughtail" is used by many refer to any drink, from lemonade to beer to wine to a "harvey wallbanger" etc. - not just a mixed alcoholic drink.

In the USA, "coughtail" is used by many refer to any drink, from lemonade to beer to wine to a "harvey wallbanger" etc. - not just a mixed alcoholic drink.

Yes, but I assumed that as the OP's location was Canberra and that the post is on an Australian forum, that it referred to the Australian Centurion club access privilege. The "coughtail" benefit specified seems to be understood by the venues as a beverage from their "coughtail" menu, which in some cases, in my experience, does include beer and wine. If the OP was indeed inquiring about the USA Centurion card then I'm afraid I cannot assist with that.

Yes, but I assumed that as the OP's location was Canberra and that the post is on an Australian forum, that it referred to the Australian Centurion club access privilege. The "coughtail" benefit specified seems to be understood by the venues as a beverage from their "coughtail" menu, which in some cases, in my experience, does include beer and wine. If the OP was indeed inquiring about the USA Centurion card then I'm afraid I cannot assist with that.
That's fair enough - of course you are correct.

Given we are referring to American Express and the OP indicates top status in both United Airlines and American Airlines I was giving a North American reference:
exp1k
user-offline.png

noavatar.gif

Join DateOct 2011
Location CBR
FF Prog
AA EXP, UA 1k, SPG Plat

Sorry for the confusion. I live in Canberra and have an Australian Centurion card.
It is just that American Airlines and United Airlines are the Oneworld and Star Alliance programs that suit me best.

My question is regarding the clubs in Sydney and Melbourne. It says "complimentary drink on arrival".

Some list "complimentary drink", others "first coughtail" and The Long Room in Melbourne offers a bottle of Aussie sparkling wine... From my experience using this benefit, they hand you the coughtails menu which, as serfty points out, often includes a range of drinks including beer and wine. It might be a good idea for you to ask your preferred Centurion concierge about the arrangement at the venue you are interested in attending?

Last time I went they gave us the full drinks menu and it included everything, including the $200/glas cognac. They gave us the bill after the first round of drinks, but only deducted the two cheapest drinks, not the one I (=the cardholder) had. So what if we are only two and both order the cognac? :)

You are right Homer, Long Room is a bottle of sparkling and Zeta is a coughtail. Den and Hem are "drink". Ivy is not listed anymore. Good idea, I'll ask the CC next time, I just thought some of you know the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back