Centurion Card Holders - I have some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrtupperware

Hey all

I received my Centurion invite recently and considering taking it up.

Can you share some examples of things you’ve asked concierge to do / buy you and how did it go?
Any other reason why you would recommend going from PC to Centurion?

thanks

I wouldn't recommend it. Was Centurion for 10 years and really the concierge was only ever any good when we had to make a claim on the car insurance for AUD3000 approx. Centurion is WAY overpriced in Australia and the benefits are not commensurate.

I wouldn't recommend it. Was Centurion for 10 years and really the concierge was only ever any good when we had to make a claim on the car insurance for AUD3000 approx. Centurion is WAY overpriced in Australia and the benefits are not commensurate.

Thanks Goldcanyon, I'm trying to run the numbers and get the following:

On $1m spend p.a. i'll generate another 125k airlines miles p.a. (say its worth $2k?)
Qantas club membership is worth $500 (I dont have status with QF)
Emirates Gold (maybe $200-$300? there's some decent points redemptions for upgrade on paid economy flights)
So overall maybe $2500 -$2700 value over the PC.

Do you get any travel credits with the Centurion (through the PC they provide you)?

If not, I guess the value is in the RM / concierge (I rarely fly international paid rates, only fly on points). So far my dealings with Amex Travel were positive but they are not price competitive at all (sometimes quoting as much as double on the same fares I find online).

Anything I am missing?

The travel credits on the Plat Charge amount to $850 (I think). Even if I or my wife do not utilise the unlimited Priority Pass memberships then that’s still just a nett $600 annual fee for a card with essentially no spending limit, which came in very handy when she had to dump a large amount on the card to solve an emergency situation in the UK.

I do not need Qantas Club due to my QF status.

I imagine that will be adjusted shortly much like Membership Rewards was adjusted last year so with the currency now adjusting towards US 50c.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back