Centurion 2011 Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diesellife

Orient Express voucher will be sent out to Centurion members starting tomorrow...
Might be useful if anyone is going to book it in 2011?!

Details:
$500 USD for hotels (Not sure if we will get the $1000 for trains option)

The 2010 one for Hyatt seems to be a better deal, but the $500 could be spent on incidents as well...

did any other australian centurion members receive these? i just received mine yesterday. US$1,000 gift card for an orient express train/cruise and US$500 gift card for orient express hotel.
nice but not a true freebie as it will cost you to use it unless you were already planning on traveling via/staying in an orient express property.

Where the Platinum Charge Card offers 1.5 points per $ up to $200,000 spend and the Platinum (Reserve) Credit Card offers 1.5 points per $ up to $100,000 then falling back to 1 point for $, does the Cent card have a limit on 'bonus' MR points earned during the year?

did any other australian centurion members receive these?

Yep, got mine. The Observatory Hotel is explicitly excluded which makes the hotel component of lesser value than last year’s Hyatt offer (where the Park Hyatt Sydney was only excluded on Saturday nights). I’m a bit disappointed as I stayed at a couple of the participating hotels listed on the brochure just a few months ago - places like the Hotel Splendido in Portofino. Also it’s only a six month offer. I might be able to use the hotel discount in the US by June but I don’t think I’ve got any chance of using the train discount.

Where the Platinum Charge Card offers 1.5 points per $ up to $200,000 spend and the Platinum (Reserve) Credit Card offers 1.5 points per $ up to $100,000 then falling back to 1 point for $, does the Cent card have a limit on 'bonus' MR points earned during the year?

Yes. Centurion card holders get 1.5 points per $ up to $500,000/year.

Im wondering if the UK centurion members are willing to swap the hotel voucher with me...

The UK one is excluding the London hotel. So it would work on the Observatory.

Im wondering if the UK centurion members are willing to swap the hotel voucher with me...

The UK one is excluding the London hotel. So it would work on the Observatory.

Great idea Diesellife. I’d be up for that swap too.

Just out of curiosity, have you guys (Centurions) received anything in the mail from Amex between Dec 2010 and now?

Please let me know as some of my mails were stolen during that time, just wondering if I have missed anything from Amex... Thanks in advance.

Just out of curiosity, have you guys (Centurions) received anything in the mail from Amex between Dec 2010 and now?

Please let me know as some of my mails were stolen during that time, just wondering if I have missed anything from Amex... Thanks in advance.

I don’t think I have - almost certain that there has been nothing. I thought it was strangely quiet over that period and that perhaps there was something “in the wings” for January but I’m a bit underwhelmed with the latest offer.

Only thing I have got in jan was an offer to redeem points for credit back on my card at 20% off the normal rate. Other then that their was nothing else i got from centurion.

Dont think i have seen anything in that time either... but wasnt really expecting anything..

I have a strong feeling that I won't be getting the voucher in the mail, but we will see...

It's also worth noting that the Plat Charge and Centurion earn Ascent Premium but the credit card only earns Ascent points.

If the credit card is linked to the Platinum Charge then it shares the same awards account and they both credit to Ascent Premium therefore allowing heavy transactors to get the full yearly limit on both cards but receive points under the Premium awards program.

Received the first major benefit for the year! Orient Express US$500 for hotels and US$1000 for train or cruise.

But quite honestly - the timeframe of 'use it before end of June 2011' is abit pathetic...:cool:

Apart from the rubbish Orient Express vouchers, there is also another one for NY.

$1000 USD free voucher for The Setai Fifth Avenue for studio suite or above & 1 hour treatment (expiring on the 5th of Sep)

Not bad considering that I will be in NY in July and could use it towards 1.3 days of my accommodation cost.

I haven’t received that voucher yet but I’ll be looking out for it because we’re planning to be in NYC in July.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back