CBA Platinum - Free Companion Flight Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielh

http://commbank.com.au/platinum/

I'm not sure if this is a new deal or not but I haven't seen any posts regarding this.

Apparantly if you book a Business or First class RTW flight with JAL or Air Tahiti Nui your companion fly's free.

* Each Business / First Class ticket purchased with your Platinum Credit Card entitles you to a free Business / First Class ticket.

* Whilst you'll get the second full cost fare for free, your flying companion only needs to join you for one leg of the journey. This gives you the freedom to plan separate itineraries, if you choose.

* All JAL flights from Australia will stop in either Tokyo or Osaka, where connections will be made to Europe (London, Paris, Milan, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Rome, Zurich, Moscow, Barcelona and Madrid), the USA (Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas, New York and Chicago) and Mexico.

* No block out periods apply and offer is available from 1 July 2004 to 30 June 2005.

Has anyone looked into this deal yet? I am not a member but this will be very tempting for my honeymoon next year.

I think JAL is part of Qantas FF program and we will both get the benefits.

[EDIT: JAL is not part of OneWorld but maybe after the initial JAL flight to Japan we can go BA or Qantas for the rest.]

Any comments?

Regards
Daniel

I enquired through the cba's travel agent and a business class ticket to qualify for the free companion ticket from BNE to JFK would cost $11390.
I can go to JAL and get a companion fare for $5660 per person-that is $70 cheaper than the platinum offer.Only makes sense if 1 person is going on business and so tax deductible and the other persons trip is not.So for a honeymoon I think there would be much better deals available elsewhere. :cry:

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't realise that it would be so expensive. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the deal to my Fiance. Oops.

I was thinking of the $8000 price range.

Maybe CBA will update this deal in the future to be more reasonable.

Regards
Daniel

I don't think it is CBA's offer... it's an offer by the two airlines providing the service.

CBA are really just providing the advertising for the airlines.

Unfortunately, this offer is no better than one of those '50% off rack rate' hotel offers.... rack rate is usually twice as much as 'best available' on any given day.... so, 50% off = normal price!

...... "no such thing as a free lunch...."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back