CBA Diamond / SPG Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

samillionaire

Intern
Hi AFF Friends,

Stupid question from myself, I didnt even realise that SPG Gold was a benefit of CBA Diamond as I never booked hotels for personal use

I can probably search on how to register and find the link somewhere, but just wanted to ask before I do so,

would it be SPG Gold for the life of the card or would you still need to meet the rollover criteria, just planning the next stays on how best to maximize existing hotel tier membership and maintaining a new one

I think that CBA Diamond comes with World MasterCard and there was/is a promotion for upgrade to SPG gold if one stay is paid for using world MasterCard.

Will be flabbergasted if this was the case. Happy for it to be true - have a three night stay in ATH coming up.

I think that CBA Diamond comes with World MasterCard and there was/is a promotion for upgrade to SPG gold if one stay is paid for using world MasterCard.

I can't find anything on the CBA Diamond web site, but AusBT does mention it. More here.

Didn't notice the 'World' on the MC before. What does that connote?

Big thumbs up to the OP for the heads-up and RooFlyer for the link
icon14.png

Looks like a call to CBA for a code first thing Monday.

Screen Shot 2015-03-07 at 8.17.28 pm.jpg

Should come in handy for our stay here Hotel Grande Bretagne, a Luxury Collection Hotel Athens | Official Website next month :D

It definitely works. I signed up with this last year.
The even better trickier thing is that you apparently only need to "reserve" your stay with your world mastercard.
You can then pay at the hotel with an Amex and still get the benefit.
I chickened out of trying that though and paid for the first night with the mastercard and then the rest on the amex

Sorry if i wasnt clear yes, Mark 3000 is right World MasterCard® | Starwood Preferred Guest®
Enjoy your complimentary upgrade to Gold status with Starwood Preferred Guest[SUP]®[/SUP] after just one night stay when you pay with a World MasterCard[SUP]®[/SUP]

I did heard of status upgrading straight away elsewhere, just requiring to provide 6 digit of card number by dialing SPG hotel sign up and doing it over the phone.

After further reading I think you still need to maintain nights for status

Looks like i wasnt the only one who didnt know :cool:

Called up CBA staff, took me a while to get to the right person essentially you have to contact the Concierge who has the codes
Direct line to Concierge
02 8987 1683

They also mentioned the code is unique marked recorded against the card holder.
If you have a supp card they will take note of both card # and provide 2 codes
Hope that helps,

Will call in July as thats when the promo looks like its ending

Called up CBA staff, took me a while to get to the right person essentially you have to contact the Concierge who has the codes
Direct line to Concierge
02 8987 1683

They also mentioned the code is unique marked recorded against the card holder.
If you have a supp card they will take note of both card # and provide 2 codes
Hope that helps,

Will call in July as thats when the promo looks like its ending

Great work samillionaire.
So if there is a different code for supplementary card, I wonder if you can get a second year of SPG gold when the primary card holders year runs out....

I had the same thoughts as you Mark3000

but looks like the promo is ending 13/7/2015, not sure if they have plans to extend or come up with something better

To enjoy the complimentary upgrade to Starwood Preferred Guest[SUP]®[/SUP] Gold Tier membership, eligible SPG Members must first register for the Promotion and then make one eligible stay in any of the hotels or resorts within the Asia Pacific region that are owned, managed or franchised by the Starwood Group before 13 July 2015, and make full payment for the eligible stay and all services during the eligible stay with a World MasterCard. This upgrade offer is a one-time upgrade per member.

Does it need to be with the World MasterCard which you've registered with? I registered with my Westpac black ages ago but haven't had my qualifying stay yet and an no longer using Westpac but have 2 other world MasterCards I can use.

Will I need to register again?

OK, it gets harder.....SPG tell me that the qualifying stay needs to be at a participating hotel, and they provided this link: Participating Hotels - Luxury that lasts. So in Australia, that's Westin Sydney and Melbourne. Not Sheraton or any other SPG property. Pretty limited choice I think.
I see SHeratons. I see Four Points. The Scrollbar is your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back