Card payment sucharges banned in Australia from 2026

Are you happy with the RBA's proposed changes to surcharging and interchange fees?


  • Total voters
    191
Here is a workaround
It's OK I'm pretty sure it's AI!

(and you'd be surprised how far back I've held my phone from a terminal and had the payment succeed, so it looks like there'd be plenty of room above that plastic box)
Here's the source for that pic, a Facebook page called "The Local Situation":
I'm sceptical about its authenticity as well, given that page's description is "Real local issues with a satirical edge."
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top