Cannot Call AMEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulZ

I have been trying to get in touch with AMEX for the last few hours, since 9am... and continuously get an engaged signal.

I have tried: Platinum Charge Card phone number, Centurion Phone number, Membership Rewards Number, Head Office... All to no avail.

Has anyone else had any luck / problems?

Just a complete communications/telecommunications failure or something else?

I know that Amex have 1/2 of there Australian based staff in the last few months.

Looks like they just have some communications problems.

I eventually got through going through Merchant Services.

12.30pm CDST here ... can't get through either. Platinum charge or credit, 1800 or 02. All engaged.

Somethings broken big time?

12.30pm CDST here ... can't get through either. Platinum charge or credit, 1800 or 02. All engaged.

Somethings broken big time?

Methinks a lot of people trying to make last minute decisions

Methinks a lot of people trying to make last minute decisions

A more cyncial person might wonder if Amex have switched off the phone system to force people to choose to stay with MR rather waste their points in QFF ;)

i had to speak to amex, had some delays, when i finally got through they said they had been swamped with people switching to qantas... apparently qantas have extended the deadline to allow for all the last minuters to swap across.

I have the opposite problem. The QFF line seems jammed. It's clearly to do with the deadline to transfer points but I don't get why people are calling QF when they should be calling their CC company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back