Cancel Plat and Keep Reserve

CallMeHoju

Considering downgrading my Plat card to the Explorer after all the devaluations, but saw the Plat Reserve has 2.25 pts / $ earn rate compared to the Explorer's 2 pts / $. Has anybody tried this, or is there any downside for Reserve compared to Explorer?

The insurances seem to be exactly the same (both cards are in the same PDF), but not sure if I'd keep the grandfathered $400 travel credit.

Considering downgrading my Plat card to the Explorer after all the devaluations, but saw the Plat Reserve has 2.25 pts / $ earn rate compared to the Explorer's 2 pts / $. Has anybody tried this, or is there any downside for Reserve compared to Explorer?

The insurances seem to be exactly the same (both cards are in the same PDF), but not sure if I'd keep the grandfathered $400 travel credit.
You only get the 2.25pts if you hold the Reserve card as a companion card to Plat or Centurion

From the T&Cs

who hold the Card in conjunction with an American Express Platinum or Centurion Charge Card will receive 2.25 points per $1 spent on all purchases, except government bodies and 1 point per $1 spent at government bodies. All other American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card Members will receive 2 points per $1 spent

Back