Can I transfer Amex Membership points between family members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad1549

HI all,

My Dad wants to transfer me some of his American Express Membership points (he uses an Amex Explorer card) to me.

Is it possible to transfer between family members?

If not, then another alternative is for him to transfer the points into his Krisflyer Account... Can you transfer Krisflyer points between family members?

Thanks everyone!

Im pretty sure the answe is no (AMEX) and no (kf) - if u want to mess around with transfers, off top of my head, u could move into Velocity and transfer between accounts that way (but lose 35 per cent if u want to then transfer in kf)

Thanks for your reply.

Is another option for Dad to transfer points into his Krisflyer account, but then purchase my flight with his points? Can you use points to purchase another person's flight?

Thanks

Yes he can use his Krisflyer account to add you as a redemption nominee and book flights for you as traveller.

Thanks for your reply.

Is another option for Dad to transfer points into his Krisflyer account, but then purchase my flight with his points? Can you use points to purchase another person's flight?

Thanks
This might work out better as using the Amex form the annual limit is 50k points

Does anyone have a current link to the gifting MR points form? The old link appears to now be invalid.

I recently queried whether this form can be emailed in. Sadly it cannot, must be fax or mail.

You can upload it via your account once you've logged in. That's how I've done it in the past no issues

it is free if you are ascent premium members or transferring to one.

Just to confirm if its from my Amex Ascent (Platinum Edge) to the Mrs' Amex Ascent (Platinum Edge) there is no fee correct?

Just to confirm if its from my Amex Ascent (Platinum Edge) to the Mrs' Amex Ascent (Platinum Edge) there is no fee correct?
If you look at the 2nd posted page of the Amex form above it is the T&C's and covers exactly what types of transfers will incur a fee...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back