Can I share Krisflyer miles?

acinod

Intern
My partner and I have a number of Citi points that we are looking to transfer to Krisflyer and book a Singapore Airlines flight together.

With Qantas, we typically just transfer all the points to one person to make the booking. That way we can be seated together and have the same booking.

However with Citi to Krisflyer, there doesn't seem to be a way to do this.
  • You can't transfer Citi points to some one else
  • You can't transfer Citi points to a Krisflyer account that isn't under your name
  • You can't transfer Krisflyer miles to any one other than parent to child
Is my only option to book separately and pick a seat together? Not sure if this is possible for Singapore Airlines Business for the 2 seats in the middle since they may be reserved for couples with a common booking?

You get up to 5 registered redemption nominees with your Kris Flyer account so that can work sweetly. Mrscove and i have each other as redemption nominees plus different nominees to give us maximum flexibility on who is flying.

You should be fine booking separately and sitting together. I have had to do this a few times with the Gentleman and so long as both seats are showing as free when the first redemption booking is made, there should be no issue.

You get up to 5 registered redemption nominees with your Kris Flyer account so that can work sweetly. Mrscove and i have each other as redemption nominees plus different nominees to give us maximum flexibility on who is flying.

That will help me book flights for them but no way for me to use their KrisFlyer points?

I’m not sure if there is a points premium to do it this way but you could book 2 one ways from one account, and then other two one ways to get home from the other account

you could turn family pooling on with velocity and transfer there. Once in your account transfer to Kris but of course you lose on the additional conversion. Would have been better with the recent 15% bonus to velocity.

That will help me book flights for them but no way for me to use their KrisFlyer points?
You can only transfer KF miles from a child's account to the parent.

As for your partner, their points can be used for redemption tickets for you (if you are listed as a redemption nominee) but not pooled into your account.

The only way is to transfer KF to partner's Velocity then transfer into your Velocity, then transfer to your KF account but the transfer fee is steep - it is 1.55 each way

Meaning 50,000 KF becomes 32,000 velocity
The. 32,000 Velocity becomes 20,000 KF

Last edited:
Did you figure out what to do with your Citi points?

My dad has about 300k in Citi points, not sure if should transfer to Kris flyer or get Coles gift cards (0.0048c/point)

Problem with Kris flyer is that points expire as no plans to travel for another 3 years.

Beware that SQ's a little funky if booking from two KF accounts.

I found that if I searched for two seats on a saver and then booked one- my partner would then go to book the other in their KF account and it would not be available. Attempted at least 5 times.

In the end it took me 26 hours on the phone with SQ to get 2x SIN-FRA in F booked (this was for a flight in December 2022). At the time I was told I should have just rang them and had the CC points transfer go into one KF account rather than two. It was worth it - the 777 we were initally booked on was cancelled and we ended up rebooked in A380 suites.
Post automatically merged:

Did you figure out what to do with your Citi points?

My dad has about 300k in Citi points, not sure if should transfer to Kris flyer or get Coles gift cards (0.0048c/point)

Problem with Kris flyer is that points expire as no plans to travel for another 3 years.
KF all the way I reckon- free flights is a good reason to plan to travel. That or go velocity which dont expire.

Though having just gone through the process using up the expiring points in our 2 KF accounts we had no problems booking separately and then getting seated together.
Only once when second award wasn't available after 2 had shown up was when I selected seat before proceeding to payment. Since paying first then selecting seats later I have had no problems.

Beware that SQ's a little funky if booking from two KF accounts.

I found that if I searched for two seats on a saver and then booked one- my partner would then go to book the other in their KF account and it would not be available. Attempted at least 5 times.

In the end it took me 26 hours on the phone with SQ to get 2x SIN-FRA in F booked (this was for a flight in December 2022). At the time I was told I should have just rang them and had the CC points transfer go into one KF account rather than two. It was worth it - the 777 we were initally booked on was cancelled and we ended up rebooked in A380 suites.
Post automatically merged:

KF all the way I reckon- free flights is a good reason to plan to travel. That or go velocity which dont expire.
If you tried this - cc points in one’s name to other’s account- I would have failed.

The answer to your question is no, there is no way without using another airline, to get cc miles in your name into another’s with KF.

Middle seats in J aren’t blocked, however, for couples.
Many couples prefer the windows front/back of each other!
I reckon the middles are as commonly couples as people who have nothing to do with each other and got lumped with middle seats!

Back