Buying E-Gift Card to meet spending requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike0430

Hi All,

I have signed up a few credit cards recently and having a bit trouble meeting spending requirement, I am thinking about buying $500 wws egift card online to meet the spending requirement. I wonder if this would trigger FR?
I know buying gift card to meet spending in US with amex is not a great option, as this could potential cause FR or clawback on points. I wonder if this action is risky at all in Australia.
Thank you.

Hi All,

I have signed up a few credit cards recently and having a bit trouble meeting spending requirement, I am thinking about buying $500 wws egift card online to meet the spending requirement. I wonder if this would trigger FR?
I know buying gift card to meet spending in US with amex is not a great option, as this could potential cause FR or clawback on points. I wonder if this action is risky at all in Australia.
Thank you.
I'm unsure of what 'wws egift card' and 'FR' are. But you can definitely buy gift cards, electronic or otherwise, to satisfy the minimum spend needed to receive the bonus points on an AMEX card. I frequently buy Woolworths WISH cards electronically to do this as well as physical the perfect gift cards and/or VISA Only 1 cards.

It is against the card rules to "manufacture spending", that is, use the card to purchase something which is then convertible to cash.

WW giftcard are unable to be converted to cash once purchased so you should be fine.

Buy Visa debit card is borderline so I wouldn't recommend it.

Thank you.

how would Amex know? the checkout operator isnt going to ring up Amex and tell them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back