Buy your digital gift cards from Qantas Cash, not Qantas Points, to earn more points

Status
Not open for further replies.

eminere

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Just thought I'd share this tip that I discovered on the weekend. Hopefully it can benefit other AFFers particularly with all the shopping that needs to be done this holiday season. :)

So you can buy Myer Digital Gift Cards, David Jones eGift Cards, JB Hi-Fi eCards, Priceline Digital Gift Cards and iTunes Vouchers through either the Qantas Cash or the Qantas Points web site.

If buying through Qantas Points you will earn 2 points per AU$1 spent.
If buying through Qantas Cash however you will receive 5 bonus points per AU$1 spent, in addition to the standard earn rate of 1 point per AU$2 spent on local purchases.

Obviously if buying through Qantas Cash you would need to pay for the purchase using your Qantas Card with Qantas Cash, so make sure you have sufficient AU$ loaded before proceeding with the transaction.

I purchased a Myer Digital Gift Card on Sunday and the bonus points were already in my account today Monday. :shock: This must be the fastest I have ever seen bonus points post in my account. The standard earned points will post later (I assume) during the Qantas Cash regular posting cycle.

Happy shopping!

Last edited:
Re: Buy your digital gift cards from Qantas Cash, not Qantas Points, to earn more poi

Just thought I'd share this tip that I discovered on the weekend. Hopefully it can benefit other AFFers particularly with all the shopping that needs to be done this holiday season. :)

So you can buy Myer Digital Gift Cards, David Jones eGift Cards, JB Hi-Fi eCards, Priceline Digital Gift Cards and iTunes Vouchers through either the Qantas Cash or the Qantas Points web site.

If buying through Qantas Points you will earn 2 points per AU$1 spent.
If buying through Qantas Cash however you will receive 5 bonus points per AU$1 spent, in addition to the standard earn rate of 1 point per AU$2 spent on local purchases.

Obviously if buying through Qantas Cash you would need to pay for the purchase using your Qantas Card with Qantas Cash, so make sure you have sufficient AU$ loaded before proceeding with the transaction.

I purchased a Myer Digital Gift Card on Sunday and the bonus points were already in my account today Monday. :shock: This must be the fastest I have ever seen bonus points post in my account. The standard earned points will post later (I assume) during the Qantas Cash regular posting cycle.

Happy shopping!

thx for the tip

BTW woolworths are selling itunes cards at 20% off......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back