Business credit cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Intern
I make very large business purchases and use a AMEX busines card but a lot of sellers don't take it. One bank has questioned using my personal visa card for business.

Is there any bank that has a business visa or mastercard with FF points?

Thanks Nutcase the ANZ visa business card is what I'm looking for.

AMEX gives 1:1 FF and while the ANZ visa rewards less at 1.5:1 it's accepted more then AMEX and the ANZ business visa card rewards better then a Westpac personal gold altitude card at 2:1 FF.

Does anyone know a business card that gives 1:1 FF?

Suncorp Clear Options Business Credit Card offers $1=1FF but is capped at 150,000 per annum.

Just found out Suncorp gives 1 point per dollar but converts to FF at 2:1 just like Westpac personal gold altitude card. It looks like ANZ business one is best with $1.50 spend gives 1 FF.

What other Visa/Mastercard business cards do members use and what ratio do they convert to FF points?

Jim said:
Suncorp Clear Options Business Credit Card offers $1=1FF but is capped at 150,000 per annum.

Just found out Suncorp gives 1 point per dollar but converts to FF at 2:1 just like Westpac personal gold altitude card. It looks like ANZ business one is best with $1.50 spend gives 1 FF.

What other Visa/Mastercard business cards do members use and what ratio do they convert to FF points?

CBA Platinum Card transfers to Qantas at 1:1 ratio. :wink:

CBA Platinum Card transfers to Qantas at 1:1 ratio.

Yes, I have one but CBA Platinum is a personal card and they will block award points for business use. I know they've done it to me. We spend $100,000+ per month on cards for business. I have the AMEX business card which is the best of all but few take it for wholesale transactions.

I'm looking for the best business Visa/MasterCard for business use. So far ANZ business one looks the best. Anyone else know more?

The reason why you are not being paid points for business charges on personal cards is that Personal cards have a lower interchange fee that business/corporate cards and therefore a different revenue model.

AMEX (not withstanding acceptance issues) doesnt suffer from this problem.

Try www.infochocie.com.au
and
www.cannex.com.au

For card comparisons.

Otherwise, you may by stuck with ANZ or Suncorp.

Yes, I have one but CBA Platinum is a personal card and they will block award points for business use. I know they've done it to me. We spend $100,000+ per month on cards for business. I have the AMEX business card which is the best of all but few take it for wholesale transactions.

With this amount of monthly expenditure I would have thought that the merchants would be interested in using AMEX. Our Company uses AMEX for its Corporate Card with very few limitations and backs up with Visa. Most vendors are willing to make AMEX available if you guarantee (I use the term loosely) that you will do business with them. :D

Thank you for ANZ business one info. I would like to know what other BUSINESS cards members use and benifits. The cannex, choice, yahoo, and frequentflyer card comparison guides are all for personal cards and not much help here. I know cannex was to produce a personal card rewards comparison but nothing as yet as far as I know.

As for using AMEX I've asked our vendors but most aren't interested. They do millions in turnover and are credited on visa/mastercard into their bank account overnight which they can't do with AMEX plus AMEX costs them more.

What I want to know is how do the Banks and other Financial Institutions determine if you have been using the card for business related activities?

Is it purely because of volume and amount? If so, what sort of volumes and amounts should we watch out for?

Regards
Daniel

The following institutions issue Busines Visa (and Master) Cards in this market:

www.visa.com.au
www.mastercard.com.au

NAB
Westpac
ANZ
Commonwelath Bank
SunCorp

The only 2 that have frequent flyer points attahced are ANZ and Suncorp.

Sorry, youre not going to be able to get a mountain of points via this method. As stated earlier, Amex is the only non-capped program in Australia, however, as you have stated, it is not accepted at some of the outets you use.

Also, the merchants claim that AMEX are slow payers is complete rubbish. The Merchant fees are more expensive, however not dramatically so. This also varies from merchant to merchant.

Amex is the only non-capped program in Australia

Hi Nutcase,

Thanks for the info it's just ANZ and Suncorp with FF, however ANZ is NOT capped (like AMEX) but no free interest days either so I would use it like a debit card. If I need to make a purchase I would put the card into credit first by that amount.

BTW I actually cash in over 500,000 FF points per year flying Qantas...and they said it couldn't be done :)

Jim

500,000 points

Jim
sorry about the mis lead with ANZ card. I think that the rate of spend to points is lower though?

As far as cashing in 500 000 points. Join the club. My partner and I went RTW last year first class on points and we are doing the same this year.

I never have a problem with Qantas and BA and always get the flights that I want.

Pity some of these other people? I wonder what they are doing wrong?

NC

Re: 500,000 points

Nutcase said:
As far as cashing in 500 000 points. Join the club. My partner and I went RTW last year first class on points and we are doing the same this year.

That's easy, try booking 5 people on 3 or more economy flights a year. Sometimes we end up taking different planes on different routes to end up at the same place. :?

Re: 500,000 points

Jim said:
That's easy, try booking 5 people on 3 or more economy flights a year. Sometimes we end up taking different planes on different routes to end up at the same place. :?
In 2003 I did seven people on a RTW all-points awards trip. All seven of us on the same flights and not too much trouble getting the dates and flights we wanted. All in economy though :cry: . Had 910,000 points but not enough for J redemptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back