Business Credit Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flight777

I am looking for the best earning business Credit Card (Mastercard or Visa). Is there cards with a 1:1 ratio crediting to FF programs?

Citibusiness gives u 1.25 points per $.

Most programs convert at 3 points for 2 FF miles.

$119 annual fee + free insurance.

Thanks. Is there any capping on the citibusiness card rewards and what FF programs does it credit too?

I have a Platinum Visa and Mastercard. These are capped at 150,000 points so that once I have spent that amount on the first card, I then stop using it and convert over to the second card. My total spend on cards sits around $40,000 a month. I also have a "Gold Amex Business" card that was used to take up the balance of my spend. I thought that AMEX GOLD cards had 12 months to make the descision about Qantas but found out after the deadline that not all Amex Gold are Gold.As a result , I have 1.2 million points that I cannot use with Qantas.
To replace my Amex I have applied for a Emirates card, as this is one airline that I use regularly for vacations in Europe.
Btw, Platinum cost $200 each a year.

Do any platinum cards accept business transactions? I only want a card to use for business transactions.

\I have 1.2 million points that I cannot use with Qantas.

if these are membership rewards, then they can still be used for travel on QF ( or other OW carriers ) by filtering to AA

1,200,000 will convert to AA via SPG to give approximately 495,000 AA miles. This is lower than the number of points that you would get into the QF account but the costs are generally significantly lower for premium travel ( e.g. 80k AA vs 192k QF points for a one way 1st class SYD-Europe), so not really worse off. these 495000 would get you about half way to lifetime gold on AA too

Dave

Hi Flight777,

I am currently looking for a non-AMEX business cc. In case if helps I am favouring the ANZ business one (0.67 points) with QF, or BankWest (effectively 1.5 pts per dollar).

For vouchers, I get more via Bankwest ($850 per 100,000 spend compared to $530 with ANZ) but no QF points for upgrades.

Depending on your business use, you may be able to get away with a non-business cc. My business spend on personal cards (CBA Plt's) has never been questioned when I buy servers, office equipment, o/s travel, hotels etc.

But, we have had plenty of problems with cc providers for the cards used for daily payments of government fees (millions a year), all to the same biller. Hard to pass it off as a non-business expense!! When the cc provider wakes up, it can be uncomfortable.

Regards
Johno

Hi Flight777,

I am currently looking for a non-AMEX business cc. In case if helps I am favouring the ANZ business one (0.67 points) with QF, or BankWest (effectively 1.5 pts per dollar).

Regards
Johno

NOTE: The ANZ Business Card has 0 days interest free... Which is very unappealing to me!

Checkout the Westpac Business Card, its still 0.67 Points per dollar, but I think you get 44 days interest free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back