BUsiness Award from Mel Calgary | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

BUsiness Award from Mel Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimo

HI I need help booking Melbourne (MEL) to Calgary (YYC) return business reward flight

I am Velocity Platinum member with 300k points & Qantas 146k points & flybuys 234k points 350K Nab reward points I m quite new never booked with points been saving. I called Singapore airline but they so no availability called velocity no availability on business what is the best way to redeem

I am happy to Mel to Calgary leg Business & return on economy or premium economy

Any assistance would be appreciated

Cheers

RooFlyer

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
When do you want to go/return? If its not too far into the future, it will be difficult.

Don't telephone - go to the various airlines' web sites and seek out availability.

Virgin has partner agreements that will allow you to book with Delta on line ... others by calling. Ditto Qantas.

The trick is to be imaginative with your routing - go via Asia for instance. You may not get right to Calgary - you might need to get to LAX or YVR and pay your way to YYC. You might also have to go a day or more before you want to and the same for return. You may have to stop-over in either direction.

Flexibility is the key.

Nimo

When do you want to go/return? If its not too far into the future, it will be difficult.

Don't telephone - go to the various airlines' web sites and seek out availability.

Virgin has partner agreements that will allow you to book with Delta on line ... others by calling. Ditto Qantas.

The trick is to be imaginative with your routing - go via Asia for instance. You may not get right to Calgary - you might need to get to LAX or YVR and pay your way to YYC. You might also have to go a day or more before you want to and the same for return. You may have to stop-over in either direction.

Flexibility is the key.
Hi thanks for the really appreciated
I forfot to put dates m lukng 17 18 19 april n return may 01 02 or even 3 so m flexible

RooFlyer

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
In the award flight redemption world, those dates are 'pretty close'. Business seats across the Pacific are at an absolute premium and you may have left it too late - most seats go 11 months out.

But you can get lucky.

You could redeem your NAB points on Cathay - join the Cathay FF program and search direct on their web site for anything Australia-HKG-west coast Nth America; multiple days.

I don't know what FlyBuys can redeem for, but same strategy.

Search the Qantas site for anywhere in Australia to Hong Kong, or any Japanese port then cross to Nth America. multiple dates, so quite a lot of searching.

Of course look at Qantas and partners direct flights - any Australian port to LAX, SFO, DFW etc. may have to stopover of a day or so till you see a flight to YYC.

Its possible to convert your Virgin points over to Singapore Airlines Krisflyer (you'll have to join Krisflyer), and then you'll get more choice of SQ flights (I think - check on AFF Velocity forum, because you will lose some points in the change-over).

Virgin partner with Hawaiian - can you get yourself to Hawaii and then onward to Nth America?

Sorry this seems hard - it is a bit. Lesson to be learned is to book early if possible - as soon as the award seats come out, which is usually about 330-360 days prior to the flight.

Nimo

In the award flight redemption world, those dates are 'pretty close'. Business seats across the Pacific are at an absolute premium and you may have left it too late - most seats go 11 months out.

But you can get lucky.

You could redeem your NAB points on Cathay - join the Cathay FF program and search direct on their web site for anything Australia-HKG-west coast Nth America; multiple days.

I don't know what FlyBuys can redeem for, but same strategy.

Search the Qantas site for anywhere in Australia to Hong Kong, or any Japanese port then cross to Nth America. multiple dates, so quite a lot of searching.

Of course look at Qantas and partners direct flights - any Australian port to LAX, SFO, DFW etc. may have to stopover of a day or so till you see a flight to YYC.

Its possible to convert your Virgin points over to Singapore Airlines Krisflyer (you'll have to join Krisflyer), and then you'll get more choice of SQ flights (I think - check on AFF Velocity forum, because you will lose some points in the change-over).

Virgin partner with Hawaiian - can you get yourself to Hawaii and then onward to Nth America?

Sorry this seems hard - it is a bit. Lesson to be learned is to book early if possible - as soon as the award seats come out, which is usually about 330-360 days prior to the flight.
Appreciate your help definitely lesson learned I have joined kris flyer no availability on kris flyer velocity n qantas checked it will check on cathay pacific lets see

jase05

AFF Supporter
Can see some award availability SYD-HKG via KUL with MH for those dates and also HKG-DFW-YYC with AA

Briar1078

We booked award flights Sydney-Vancouver in January 2018 with Air Canada using KrisFlyer miles, but we did book 11 months ahead (or whenever they opened.) Not the cheapest but it was non-stop and a reasonable business product. I called the Singapore office with the exact details I'd found searching AC Aeroplan availability : dates, flight numbers, and had no trouble booking.

So I've searched Air Canada and found no business availability out of MEL, SYD or BNE on those dates. No premium economy either, and not even economy out of MEL. Economy avail ex Sydney. Is this April school holidays?

For the return trip, there is Business availability Calgary-Sydney on May 1 (with a long transit in YVR) or April 30 (better connection in YVR.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J Wij