Bpay will be excluded points earning scheme from 23/11/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxxnxs

This message was shown my latest statement that from 23rd Nov on wards, that Bpay transactions will be no longer earning points. CBA becomes the 2nd large bank which does not give points on credit card Bpay transactions, this is the same as WBC. Really bad move!!:evil: I'm wondering the other two will follow soon.

Disgusting, but expected given that Amex issued cards are going to be earning less points from the 1st October!

Most if not all companies still have ways to pay bills over the phone/internet using their own system, so looks like instead of BPay you will have to do it the harder way and spend an extra minute or so on the phone or the individual companies website paying bills!

Another enhancement!

Points are going to be decreasing? B Pay not included for points? I need to have a look on my statement for this!

Disgusting, but expected given that Amex issued cards are going to be earning less points from the 1st October!

Most if not all companies still have ways to pay bills over the phone/internet using their own system, so looks like instead of BPay you will have to do it the harder way and spend an extra minute or so on the phone or the individual companies website paying bills!

Another enhancement!

Really? Are the Amex cards having their point earn reduced? Hadn't heard this disturbing snippet!

I've always done it the hard way by paying the bills via the payee website as it is the only way I can use my AMEX. If you try and pay via a CBA site then you can only use your MCARD with a lower earn rate

I'm hoping when they say BPAY, they don't mean paying any bill via the payee site as well. Are they still classed as BPAY payments?

I've always done it the hard way by paying the bills via the payee website as it is the only way I can use my AMEX. If you try and pay via a CBA site then you can only use your MCARD with a lower earn rate

I'm hoping when they say BPAY, they don't mean paying any bill via the payee site as well. Are they still classed as BPAY payments?

No, Bpay means when you need to enter biller code into the payment system.

Can you explain this comment. I just checked the CommBank website and it still lists Amex as earning 3 points per $ spent. I haven't seen anything saying that the earn rate was changing.

Can you explain this comment. I just checked the CommBank website and it still lists Amex as earning 3 points per $ spent. I haven't seen anything saying that the earn rate was changing.

He means AMEX directly issued cards not co-brand cards with major banks.

Resurrecting an old thread because I have only now discovered this, it is certainly not clearly stated and you need to find this detail in the T&Cs:

The following transactions are excluded from earning
advances (including a transaction treated by the Bank
as a cash advance, for example, utility bills paid in person
at a bank), purchases of foreign exchange, credit card
insurance premiums, travellers cheques, interest charges,
Qantas Frequent Flyer Direct fees, Bank fees, Card
account payments, transactions deemed by the Bank
to be for business purposes and any other transactions
which may from time to time be excluded by the Bank.

And it is not just BPay, note QFF Direct fees and Credit Card Insurance premiums plus utility bills paid in cash at a branch.

OzE

Sadly, I only just discovered this today, when I looked at my last CC statement, after spending $12,000 on a cruise for the whole family and paying via CC/BPay. Expecting a lot of points I couldn't figure out what the problem was. I scoured the T&Cs for the card and buried right near the end was a statement similar to the post above.

For 2 years I have been paying all my bills via BPay for points and did not realise this (due to groceries and other spending propping up my monthly points). VERY disappointed...

Sadly, I only just discovered this today, when I looked at my last CC statement, after spending $12,000 on a cruise for the whole family and paying via CC/BPay. Expecting a lot of points I couldn't figure out what the problem was. I scoured the T&Cs for the card and buried right near the end was a statement similar to the post above.

For 2 years I have been paying all my bills via BPay for points and did not realise this (due to groceries and other spending propping up my monthly points). VERY disappointed...

Dude, that is bad luck indeed. I posted this thread almost 2 years ago, and canceled my Diamond card after that, could not believe CBA still ripped you off.

i have been duped as well, so it is time to stop using CBA diamond cards! :mad:

Sorry to hear that Myrna. Reconciling points earn is something we have to get better at with all the fine print on all of our credit cards.

Sorry to hear that Myrna. Reconciling points earn is something we have to get better at with all the fine print on all of our credit cards.

Agree, cove. I have been too busy hence tended to neglect these things. Must pay more attention on cc points from now on!

Yes we need you guys up the front of the plane. There's no time like the present to spoil yourselves.

You can still get BPAY points with the Diamond card - just use the payee site rather than through NetBank. That way you can also use your AMEX for even more points

You can still get BPAY points with the Diamond card - just use the payee site rather than through NetBank. That way you can also use your AMEX for even more points
Thanks, Nick. That's what I should have done - via payee's websites - not via Netbank.

I understnad companies need to make a profit but the recent announcement that ATO payments made by CBA cards dont get points is frankly disgusting,

its not as if CBA/Visa/AMEX dont make their profit from their fees, but to use some pitiful excuse to deny users expected benefits while blaming somehting else is plain disgusting

thumbs down,...... even though ive never paid ATO via CC before

another way is to use post bill pay and pay with paypal. A lot of utility websites don't let you use AMEX but you can use AMEX with paypal and just use post bill pay to earn full points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back